Evacuation halted from the Superdome?

From cnn

"Hospitals are trying to evacuate," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Cheri Ben-Iesan, spokesman at the city emergency operations center. "At every one of them, there are reports that as the helicopters come in people are shooting at them. There are people just taking pot shots at police and at helicopters, telling them, 'You better come get my family."'

Richard Zuschlag, president of Acadian Ambulance Service Inc., described the chaos at a suburban hospital.

"We tried to airlift supplies into Kenner Memorial Hospital late last evening and were confronted by an unruly crowd with guns, and the pilots refused to land," he said.

"My medics were crying, screaming for help. When we tried to land at Kenner, my pilots got scared because 100 people were on the helipad and some of them had guns. He was frightened and would not land."

It's disgusting

Bubbles said:
Kiwi? Honey, are you SURE your husband went to work today?

Well, I haven't heard from him yet today, but I can guarantee he'd be the one shooting back at the idiots shooting at the hospitals and helicopters.

zengirl said:
From cnn

It's disgusting

And the sad thing is, this is America, not some third world country, you'd expect this from a third world country but assume Americans can act like civilzed human beings.

kiwi said:
And the sad thing is, this is America, not some third world country, you'd expect this from a third world country but assume Americans can act like civilzed human beings.

Shows how fast we decend back into animals with the break down of order.

kiwi said:
Take away our video games and air conditioning and we're really no better than any 3rd world country. People tend to forget the fact that humans are animals.

b_sinning said:
Shows how fast we decend back into animals with the break down of order.
It's times like these that I feel blessed for growing up the way I did. Animals can be hunters, scavengers or prey. I'd rather be a hunter and I grew up learning the skills to be self sufficient. Yeah it's dirty, but it's doable, Jesus, not but a couple hundred years ago our forefathers tredged the country and lived off of the land and weathered disasters just like this, and didnt' sit around waiting for the government to rescue them, they rescued themselves. I have never understood helplessness, it was an option I was never allowed to explore growing up and the older I get, the more grateful I am for it.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to take this quoute I just heard on the Schnitt Show. "People are looting, not for themselves but I am stealing for my babies... they need milk and water..." Is this what it is coming to or are these excuses? I wonder if he was walking outof someone's house with a TV.

Candy said:
Hmm, I'm not sure how to take this quoute I just heard on the Schnitt Show. "People are looting, not for themselves but I am stealing for my babies... they need milk and water..." Is this what it is coming to or are these excuses? I wonder if he was walking outof someone's house with a TV.
Is it really considered looting if you're snagging food and water? That's not stealing, it's survival at this point. Grabbing TV's and stuff is misplaced priorities and those people deserve Darwin's wrath, imo.

zengirl said:
Is it really considered looting if you're snagging food and water? That's not stealing, it's survival at this point. Grabbing TV's and stuff is misplaced priorities and those people deserve Darwin's wrath, imo.

According to elpmis' pst:

It's still considered looting if you're black. :fly:

zengirl said:

Yeah, but who knows who is telling the truth and who is stealing shit to buy crack?

Candy said:
Yeah, but who knows who is telling the truth and who is stealing shit to buy crack?
:lol: So theres no food or water but the crack dealers are still in force?

I dunno man