Ettiquette Question

Would you include the regular reciept with a gift if you didnt get a gift reciept?

• yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
fly said:
stfu

Feck that. I want to get someone something they'll use. If they aren't gonna use what I got them, they better damn well return it and get something they like.
You stfu. Christmas isn't about the gifts and the lights and the food and crap, its about the act of giving, of appreciating what you have, and spending time with the ones you love.

Pancake Wagon said:
I don't return presents because I feel that its the thought and time and effort that the person put into the gift that counts.
Some people don't put the time, effort and thought into presents. Might as well take back the teal turtleneck you'll never wear then use it as a shop rag.

April23 said:
Some people don't put the time, effort and thought into presents. Might as well take back the teal turtleneck you'll never wear then use it as a shop rag.
I'd wear it proudly while saying, "This is a gift from So and So, she picked it out especially for me.."

Pancake Wagon said:
I'd wear it proudly while saying, "This is a gift from So and So, she picked it out especially for me.."
I understand what you are saying, just... uh... from the financial point of view its silly. Money wasted on something.... meh.

I've gotten things that hung out in my closet for years because I felt bad if I threw it away, but in the end... thats where it ended up.

Don't hate, participate.

April23 said:
The fake security cameras were the best. Or the damn door chime, I hung out in the back eating half the time I worked, who knows what walked out the door. :fly:
I hated that damn door chime, I turned it off in some of the stores I worked at.

Our security cameras worked, they just never recorded anything :fly:

I spent most of the time putting way too many batteries on the RC/cars, spying on cellphone convo's, and ruining TV reception for people in the neighborhood

April23 said:
I understand what you are saying, just... uh... from the financial point of view its silly. Money wasted on something.... meh.

I've gotten things that hung out in my closet for years because I felt bad if I threw it away, but in the end... thats where it ended up.

Don't hate, participate.
That stuff end up going to goodwill

ChikkenNoodul said:
I hated that damn door chime, I turned it off in some of the stores I worked at.

Our security cameras worked, they just never recorded anything :fly:

I spent most of the time putting way too many batteries on the RC/cars, spying on cellphone convo's, and ruining TV reception for people in the neighborhood
Heck ya.... we'd have RC car demolition derbys in the parking lot and run over them with real cars. When things were discontinuted blowing them up made the job worth the pay.

April23 said:
Heck ya.... we'd have RC car demolition derbys in the parking lot and run over them with real cars. When things were discontinuted blowing them up made the job worth the pay.
:lol:

We had 'em in the street a few times, dodging cars

About 9 years ago they sold this 900mhz cordless phone, for just under $300, and it was incredible for range.

We took one in as a return that was too beat to re-sell, and used it for the store. My boss would sit in a bar down the street and answer the phone from there.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:lol:

We had 'em in the street a few times, dodging cars

About 9 years ago they sold this 900mhz cordless phone, for just under $300, and it was incredible for range.

We took one in as a return that was too beat to re-sell, and used it for the store. My boss would sit in a bar down the street and answer the phone from there.
HAHAHAHAHA.... holy crap we did that too, took the 2.4ghz phones to lunch with us. It'd always be funny telling them to hold while we ordered lunch. I only worked there for a year, but you could get away with so much shinanigans there. 110-2306 was a sku of a cordless phone if i remember correctly. Too lazy to check rs.com to see... lol

April23 said:
HAHAHAHAHA.... holy crap we did that too, took the 2.4ghz phones to lunch with us. It'd always be funny telling them to hold while we ordered lunch. I only worked there for a year, but you could get away with so much shinanigans there. 110-2306 was a sku of a cordless phone if i remember correctly. Too lazy to check rs.com to see... lol
Nice :D

*sigh* I used to know the battery sku's like the back of my hand 23-xxx

I was the designated store repackager, you ever get to do that? I'd take in merchandise in awful shape, clean it up, find manuals and whatever, and rebox it with twist-tie's and shit.

Had a couple phoned that got bought and returned several times because they 'didn't work', eventually someone kept 'em :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Nice :D

*sigh* I used to know the battery sku's like the back of my hand 23-xxx

I was the designated store repackager, you ever get to do that? I'd take in merchandise in awful shape, clean it up, find manuals and whatever, and rebox it with twist-tie's and shit.

Had a couple phoned that got bought and returned several times because they 'didn't work', eventually someone kept 'em :fly:
Yaup I did some of that too. That place is so cheap, its like a refurbished by people untrained to do it - garage sale... I haven't bought from there since I worked there 4 years ago.

April23 said:
Yaup I did some of that too. That place is so cheap, its like a refurbished by people untrained to do it - garage sale... I haven't bought from there since I worked there 4 years ago.
Oh hell yeah

I've bought cables and RF converters there, that's about all I've ever considered buying from them.

When I worked there, they still sold bag phones :fly:

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh hell yeah

I've bought cables and RF converters there, that's about all I've ever considered buying from them.

When I worked there, they still sold bag phones :fly:
Wow, how long ago was that?!

I always loved thier meetings they had, free donuts at least. I won MVP or something once month... .ooh special!