Ettiquette Question

Would you include the regular reciept with a gift if you didnt get a gift reciept?

• yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
"Hey, I bought you something but I realize it probably sucks and I didn't want to waste my time thinking about what to get you. Or I'm a grandparent and your my grandchild and I thought this knitted sweatshirt with puppies on it would go nicely with your nose-ring."

the stores are so flooded with people right after the holidays, most stores are quite lax when it comes to returning things for cash unless you spent a lot of money on the gift, in which case you've probably thought about it enough that they won't want to return it.

plus, i've found the number of people that take offense to the act (those that think you're showing off the fact you spent x amount of money) still outnumber the practical among us who realize they're just taking into account that there might be something out there you want more.

fly said:
^^^

Just realized the fgt didn't give me a gift reciept.

(I have no idea why Im asking people here about social graces. Hep tho.)

I would just say "Hey I still have the receipt if you want to exchange it."
Common practice in my family !

Talkie said:
I would just say "Hey I still have the receipt if you want to exchange it."
Common practice in my family !
That's the way we do it in my family aswell.

I've only exchanged one gift and that was a keyboard (wireless) that my mother bought me, it didn't like my MX700 :p

ChikkenNoodul said:
What Kabn said, I've never had a problem exchanging anything after the holidays are over.

It's never been a problem for me....... or if it's any other time in the year, it's "yeah I got this for my birthday......"

ChikkenNoodul said:
Or if it's RadioShack, just tell 'em you stole it from another store.
In radioshack you can just pick up part of the display and walk to the counter saying you got it for xmas.

ChikkenNoodul said:
When I worked there it was more like a hateful glare.
I used to work there too. Ever go to the site radioshacksucks.com? Not sure if its still up. Used to have all kinds of tricks you can do at radioshack if you worked there to umm... be "tricky."

ChikkenNoodul said:
Pretty much, fucking VCR's would disappear from the shelves.

Security in those stores is severly lacking
The fake security cameras were the best. Or the damn door chime, I hung out in the back eating half the time I worked, who knows what walked out the door. :fly:

I don't return presents because I feel that its the thought and time and effort that the person put into the gift that counts.

Pancake Wagon said:
I don't return presents because I feel that its the thought and time and effort that the person put into the gift that counts.
stfu

Feck that. I want to get someone something they'll use. If they aren't gonna use what I got them, they better damn well return it and get something they like.