Baby ETFC is alive. Steve Jobs, not so much.

I heard an urban legend that if you're an organ donor that if you get in a bad ac. Whichcident that the EMT may not revive you. Which makes no sense.

Anyways do what you want with my body when I die. Donate it to science, the living, or make a Kitty fort out of my bones. I don't care because ill be DEAD.

No, they deliver them to you in person and you have to sign for them or in some instances you can pick them up from the funeral home. It's still a creepy thing. You get a box and a certificate of cremation as well as the toe tag from the body and a chain of custody.
Depends on the institution. I donated both of my parents to a medical school and got the ashes back by regular post office mail.

Yeah, that's a fun urban legend. I don't understand why anyone would believe that someone would suddenly think your life is less valuable than someone else's life and decide you should die. It's not like they are sitting there on the side of the road or in the ER taking the time to determine if you are a match for another patient. They are too busy trying to save your life. They aren't even organ transplant surgeons and probably have no access to the list.

For those of you that do choose to do this, you should know that even if your license says this is your choice, almost always they will ask your family anyway, so your family should know about your choice. Also, to make it easier on your family, it's nice to go to your state's local donor registry online and sign up. Then your family doesn't have to sit through the hour or more long process of being interviewed by the family advocates about the various parts of your body and what it is okay for them to take. They are probably already freaking out because you are probably being declared brain dead by a second doctor in the next room although technically you are still being kept alive by machines. It's a difficult day for your loved ones. Make it a little easier for them. K thx.

Depends on the institution. I donated both of my parents to a medical school and got the ashes back by regular post office mail.

Huh, maybe the laws are different in different states. I've been the recipient of both my parents, two grandparents (one of which I still have) and a great aunt. My dad I got to pick up, and the rest were delivered to the door. All except my mom died in Maryland. My mom died in Virginia but was donated to Georgetown University in DC. My dad was the only straight up organ donor, the rest were medical research donations.

I remember going through 'The Room' in my ex wife's med school with all the cut up bodies. Creeped the fuck out of me.

I remember going through 'The Room' in my ex wife's med school with all the cut up bodies. Creeped the fuck out of me.

I'm always fascinated by that when I get to see it. Once my anatomy class in art school got a human arm to study from and I was the only one in my class who would touch it. The grossest part was tearing the skin away from the muscle so we could all have a good look at the muscle structure. It made the weirdest tearing noise I've ever heard. I can still hear it when I'm thinking about it, like now. It required a lot of pulling too. You had to get enough space just under the skin and then really pull hard to do it. I guess someone stronger than me wouldn't have as much trouble, but I was surprised by the force necessary to do it. About half my class had scurried off to the bathroom while I was doing this.

Huh, maybe the laws are different in different states. I've been the recipient of both my parents, two grandparents (one of which I still have) and a great aunt. My dad I got to pick up, and the rest were delivered to the door. All except my mom died in Maryland. My mom died in Virginia but was donated to Georgetown University in DC. My dad was the only straight up organ donor, the rest were medical research donations.
Upstate Medical University College of Medicine, not organ donation, just donation to science in general. The great thing you arent telling anyone is that it's free. Cremation is $500-$2000 cash, donation to Science is $0.

I wouldn't know what to do with them. I'd feel bad about throwing them in a closet but really don't want them sitting in the middle of the dinning room table either.

I'm sure as hell not eating them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/08/my-strange-addiction-woman-eats-husband_n_921719.html

Last American Who Knew What The Fuck He Was Doing Dies

http://www.theonion.com/articles/last-american-who-knew-what-the-fuck-he-was-doing,26268/

"We haven't just lost a great innovator, leader, and businessman, we've literally lost the only person in this country who actually had his shit together and knew what the hell was going on," a statement from President Barack Obama read in part, adding that Jobs will be remembered both for the life-changing products he created and for the fact that he was able to sit down, think clearly, and execute his ideas—attributes he shared with no other U.S. citizen.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/steve-jobs-dead,26266/

I wouldn't know what to do with them. I'd feel bad about throwing them in a closet but really don't want them sitting in the middle of the dinning room table either.

I'm sure as hell not eating them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/08/my-strange-addiction-woman-eats-husband_n_921719.html

Ew. There's laws about what you can do with ashes too. Some people bury them in a graveyard. Some people get a permit and spread them according to their loved ones wishes. Some people don't bother with the permit and just try hard not to get caught. Legally I can't do anything with my grandmother since her son is still alive (my uncle), but he refuses to acknowledge the issue so they are sitting on a shelf in my dining room. My mom was spread at the Outer Banks of NC and my dad was spread at a golf course during a charity golf tournament in his honor. The charity was the Maryland Transplant Resource Center, an organization I still volunteer with. My aunt was buried as was my other grandmother.

And yes, cremation after whole body medical research donation is free. It's not that way for organ donation though. You get the body back pretty quickly, and can have a funeral with the body present, open casket if you want, and then you have to decide what to do with it after that.

I'm always fascinated by that when I get to see it. Once my anatomy class in art school got a human arm to study from and I was the only one in my class who would touch it. The grossest part was tearing the skin away from the muscle so we could all have a good look at the muscle structure. It made the weirdest tearing noise I've ever heard. I can still hear it when I'm thinking about it, like now. It required a lot of pulling too. You had to get enough space just under the skin and then really pull hard to do it. I guess someone stronger than me wouldn't have as much trouble, but I was surprised by the force necessary to do it. About half my class had scurried off to the bathroom while I was doing this.

Just like skinning any other animal I assume.

Exept the kittens I skinned, but they were from the womb.

Ew. There's laws about what you can do with ashes too. Some people bury them in a graveyard. Some people get a permit and spread them according to their loved ones wishes. Some people don't bother with the permit and just try hard not to get caught. Legally I can't do anything with my grandmother since her son is still alive (my uncle), but he refuses to acknowledge the issue so they are sitting on a shelf in my dining room. My mom was spread at the Outer Banks of NC and my dad was spread at a golf course during a charity golf tournament in his honor. The charity was the Maryland Transplant Resource Center, an organization I still volunteer with. My aunt was buried as was my other grandmother.

And yes, cremation after whole body medical research donation is free. It's not that way for organ donation though. You get the body back pretty quickly, and can have a funeral with the body present, open casket if you want, and then you have to decide what to do with it after that.

If Nation Lampoon's Vacation has taught me anything it's that it is perfectly acceptable to leave 1 dead relative on another relative's front porch as long as no one else sees you do it.

Mine are in the dish cabinet and the dogs are in there.