Epic scooter trip to Ohio!

Do you *really* qualify as ESL? :wtf:

I first spoke baby. Then I spoke Spanish, then I spoke English. Keep in mind my parents didn't know English at all when they came here. I really didn't start picking up English until kindergarten (I lived in Arizona during pre-school which still had a high contingent of Spanish speakers) At that age, you pick up languages incredibly easy so it wasn't hard for me to get it. But yes, it's still my 2nd language, and every once in a while, I make a mistake, whether it's word use or pronunciation of words.

My father-in-law has a similar affliction. He was born in Yugoslavia and so he learned Yugoslavic (I have no idea what language they spoke in Yugoslavia), and came here when he was 5. He lived in an orphanage until he was adopted by a family in Iowa. He's in his 70's now and still has a lot of trouble with pronunciation and vocabulary.

The benefit of my situation is that, when I don't mess up, I have perfect pronunciation of both English and Spanish words which doesn't happen very often. Usually, one is more dominant than the other in terms of pronunciation. Granted, Elaine will disagree with me on my Spanish pronunciation, but that's only because she hates the way Puerto Ricans speak.

My father-in-law has a similar affliction. He was born in Yugoslavia and so he learned Yugoslavic (I have no idea what language they spoke in Yugoslavia), and came here when he was 5. He lived in an orphanage until he was adopted by a family in Iowa. He's in his 70's now and still has a lot of trouble with pronunciation and vocabulary.

My guess would be Serbian since the Serbia section was the dominate section under Tito.

Uniqueness != kickassedness.

True, but I am going on an adventurous road trip. Anyone can just take a Harley on a long distance trip. It takes someone certifiable to take a "pathetic" scooter camping along the way through the best driving roads the country has to offer (in that area) 2600 miles. I would say that's kickass.

True, but I am going on an adventurous road trip. Anyone can just take a Harley on a long distance trip. It takes someone certifiable to take a "pathetic" scooter camping along the way through the best driving roads the country has to offer (in that area) 2600 miles. I would say that's kickass.

That makes your idea kick ass. Not the machine you're using.

I first spoke baby. Then I spoke Spanish, then I spoke English. Keep in mind my parents didn't know English at all when they came here. I really didn't start picking up English until kindergarten (I lived in Arizona during pre-school which still had a high contingent of Spanish speakers) At that age, you pick up languages incredibly easy so it wasn't hard for me to get it. But yes, it's still my 2nd language, and every once in a while, I make a mistake, whether it's word use or pronunciation of words.

Still has. It's ridiculous the percentage of ESL kids in the schools there are around here.

Meh, I'd rather a Ducati.

For a multi thousand mile road trip? more power to you and your wickedly strong wrists for supporting your weight that long and crazy strong back for being hunched over awkwardly for hours a day and your massively padded ass for sitting on a thumb tack all day long every day.