Epic scooter trip to Ohio!

ah, thats below 50cc scooters. Above that is considered a motorcycle here and needs a motorcycle license.

In Baltimore small cc scooters are ridden like bicycles. I saw those fuckers going on roads, sidewalks, bike lanes, and walking trails-- and not necessarily on the correct side of the road.

In Baltimore small cc scooters are ridden like bicycles. I saw those fuckers going on roads, sidewalks, bike lanes, and walking trails-- and not necessarily on the correct side of the road.

Here you don't even need a license, insurance or plates for under 50cc. Just need a helmut.

ah, thats below 50cc scooters. Above that is considered a motorcycle here and needs a motorcycle license.

Here they make a distinction between mopeds (pedaled motor bikes) and scooters/motorcycles only. Even a 50cc Vespa is required to have a motorcycle license. Most people here don't bother with the wimpy scooters because of that. I mean if you are going to have to get a motorcycle license why not just get a slightly bigger engine that lets you be safer in traffic.

I originally wanted a scooter to do errand running further than a few miles by myself. Then I found out how expensive insurance is and all that with the license so I decided not to. For the prices they charge for insurance here, I might as well just buy a cute small convertible.

Lots of things happen in Baltimore that shouldn't.

Like the accent. Ugh. I hate the way people talk around here. And the fact that we are permanently stuck in the 80's. Yeah, that shouldn't happen. I've decided my state isn't necessarily a shithole, it's just that much of it is totally embarrassing.

Here they make a distinction between mopeds (pedaled motor bikes) and scooters/motorcycles only. Even a 50cc Vespa is required to have a motorcycle license. Most people here don't bother with the wimpy scooters because of that. I mean if you are going to have to get a motorcycle license why not just get a slightly bigger engine that lets you be safer in traffic.

I originally wanted a scooter to do errand running further than a few miles by myself. Then I found out how expensive insurance is and all that with the license so I decided not to. For the prices they charge for insurance here, I might as well just buy a cute small convertible.

I can see you in a cute convertible. You should totally do that.

I can see you in a cute convertible. You should totally do that.

If I ever stop buying jewelry and save money to do that I will. Even one of those cabrio Fiats would be cute. I'd love a 2 seater but wouldn't happen until someone is older since riding in the back is far safer for him to do.

Like the accent. Ugh. I hate the way people talk around here. And the fact that we are permanently stuck in the 80's. Yeah, that shouldn't happen. I've decided my state isn't necessarily a shithole, it's just that much of it is totally embarrassing.

The state is beautiful, except for the traffic and Baltimore proper.

For the folks that may not know, the Bawlmer accent is just a Philly accent with Southern influences. It sounds pretty much like you'd expect.

scooters are flat out illegal in most states for highways (i know they are here in md)

My scooter is 250cc and I can reach 85mph on a flat road (70 uphill). I have no issues running 75mph all day on the interstates. If that isn't fast enough for traffic, I will pull off to the side streets or feeder roads.

They're still marketed as scooters if they're automatic and have an open floor board to stand on, iirc. You need a license above 50cc here, too.

Mine is exactly that like that. I have the engine on the swingarm, a complete passthrough floorboard, and automatic. in Texas, anything motorized and without pedals for propulsion is a motorcycle and requires a license. Only mopeds don't (well they have a half-motorcycle license).

My bike is fully licensed street legal anywhere in the country (world actually)

Mine is exactly that like that. I have the engine on the swingarm, a complete passthrough floorboard, and automatic. in Texas, anything motorized and without pedals for propulsion is a motorcycle and requires a license. Only mopeds don't (well they have a half-motorcycle license).

My bike is fully licensed street legal anywhere in the country (world actually)

I'm not sure that's true necessarily. I know in Maryland regardless of whether it's a registered and tagged scooter or not, you have to follow the same laws as bicycles.

Well, watch it on the superslab, and stick to the right lane maybe. I don't imagine there's any extra power for maneuvering when your wound completely out at top speed.

No there isn't much overhead. I am usually riding WOT at 80mph or so. I usually stick to the right lane, running 70mph all day. Usually never a problem, especially between cities in the vast stretches of nowhere.

No there isn't much overhead. I am usually riding WOT at 80mph or so. I usually stick to the right lane, running 70mph all day. Usually never a problem, especially between cities in the vast stretches of nowhere.

What's your tire life like at those speeds? Though I don't imagine changing out those tiny tires is particularly costly.