Enough with the random thread already.

So what's the story behind his ankles?

Originally they thought they were broken (stress fractures) but after numerous x-rays saw no fractures, so now I think it's bursitis. It's hard to tell though because we have to communicate through snail mail, and letters take 7-10 days each way, so me writing down a question can take like 2-3 weeks to get an answer. It's dumb.

But he was on crutches for a few weeks, and the letter I got today said he was off crutches and would be in a regular platoon again next week, so I think that means this week, I don't know.

Yeah I guess running for miles daily with bursitis would sorta suck... but to me the entire experience sounds like punishment, yet he finds it rewarding, so it's all a matter of perspective I suppose. I am proud of him and it means a lot to me that I'm his contact person, he's called me 3x already and writes to me everyday. Reinforces the whole, "we're family" thing I guess.

I should do better with writing to him :eek:

I don't like that you insulted him and I really suck at insulting back. :(

He hasn't "pussed out" and I think you're a dum dum doodey head for being tardtacular enough to say so. :mad:

Is that better?

I think you've seen the movie "Misery" a few too many times :fly:

I don't swear out loud :fly: I really do talk like that in person. IDK I think it's funnier my way.

How can you not swear? Sometimes I think my eyes would explode in their sockets if I couldn't let loose a 4-lettered assault. And that's just on my bunny rabbit.

How can you not swear? Sometimes I think my eyes would explode in their sockets if I couldn't let loose a 4-lettered assault. And that's just on my bunny rabbit.

I swear when I'm really drunk or really angry, either way people get scared :lol:

edit: I do type out swears on the internets though

I guess I think people swear too much, and it's gotten to the point that we're so desensitized to it that more swears are being allowed through censors on TV even, so if they're THAT common then why bother? They've lost whatever explosive power they had originally and all you're doing is making yourself look like an idiot because of all of the words in the English language, you keep stringing the same half dozen together for impact. (You in general not you specifically).

No I agree. I tend to view people who swear a lot as unintelligent hillbillies. And few things bug me as much as when a woman swears. It is beyond unattractive. I don't swear much. I'm typically laid back to the point of comatose.

It also irritates me to no end when people swear around kids and then laugh hysterically when kids pick it up thinking it's cute.

Sure they're just words, but then why are they bad words if it's cute when kids say them?

There's a 5-year-old Indian kid on my son's soccer team, and last season an opposing player ran up and took the ball away from him, ran it back, and scored a goal. That Indian kid stopped with this angry look on his face, yelled "Son of a bitch!" and then spat on the ground. I had to turn around I was laughing so hard. In that case it was hilarious because it was so unexpected and over the top. He was like a pissed off midget adult.

No I agree. I tend to view people who swear a lot as unintelligent hillbillies. And few things bug me as much as when a woman swears. It is beyond unattractive. I don't swear much. I'm typically laid back to the point of comatose.

Mikey is not amused

When I was a kid, I called my brother a bastard, not knowing what it meant or that it was a bad word. I got my mouth washed out with soap and was grounded to my room until I wrote 1000 sentences, "I will not say bad words"

I remember when I was in 5th grade, the kids on the bus were saying the "f" word and making fun of me because I didn't know what it meant. :lol:

It scares me to think of kids swearing and spitting on the ground, sure it may seem absurd and funny, but little people turn into big people, and if a little person has a temper like that, just imagine what they'll be like as a big person. :(

I've had someone spit in my face before, an adult when I was a child. I associate that sort of behavior with a classlessness beyond description.