Ending the BCS?

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
My friendly neighborhood sports columnist Jennifer Floyd-Engel is trying to get an email campaign going to end the BCS system in college football. She's going to be posting a daily email target along with talking points to help change their mind. I wouldn't mind seeing her succeed.

The messages will be posted on her blog. Check it out and get on board.

it needs to happen but the likelihood is sadly slim...those in control of the bowls will have to die before they relinquish their powers over college football

I'd like to find a college football fan that prefers the BCS to playoffs.

Additionally, I double dog dare you to find a Mizzou fan that likes the BCS right now.

I'd like to find a college football fan that prefers the BCS to playoffs.

Additionally, I double dog dare you to find a Mizzou fan that likes the BCS right now.
She happens to be a Mizzou fan, hence the sudden urgency, but still. Something has to give.

They won't change it. It's about the $$$.

If we can send such powerhouses as HCC v. Santa Fe CC to the Nick's Pizza Bowl there is more money than a playoff system.

you can name each game in the playoffs the "fedex tropicana papa john's cummins diesel bowl" just the same as it is now

they make it work in every other college sport somehow :p

NCAA Basketball you have to be in the top half of the entire DIV 1-A. Not that hard to do.

Div 1-AA football doesn't have as many vocal people in it. Seriously, if the SEC doesn't get at least 4 nominations to the playoffs, they'll bitch. If a single Big10 teams gets a nomination, everyone else will bitch. Too much whining for people to be happy.

Here's what I would propose for playoffs. You want in? Win your conference or have the best record out of the other Independants. That's 12 teams. Problem solved. No rankings whatsoever. When it gets down to 3 teams left, it's based solely off of the performance during the playoffs. Best team gets a bye

Last edited:
Here's what I would propose for playoffs. You want in? Win your conference or have the best record out of the other Independants. That's 12 teams. Problem solved. No rankings whatsoever. When it gets down to 3 teams left, it's based solely off of the performance during the playoffs. Best team gets a bye

What if a conference has co-champions like PSU & OSU? :fly:

What if a conference has co-champions like PSU & OSU? :fly:

Same rules as Rose Bowl admittance prior to BCS. He who has been there the least recent gets the nod. That being said, I think the Big10 should have 11 conference games and 1 non conference game. That way, the chances of an equal record are harder and you'll still have head to head to compare.