Thread Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,190
Despite my distaste for the people that have introduced this, I gotta say it's pretty exciting. I don't think it will pass, but I think we have to try a bunch of times before this war on drugs is ended and we make some laws about drug use that make sense. This is a really good step. I hope everyone writes to their congress person to let their feelings about this be known. I can't tell anyone to support it if they don't, but I do hope everyone gets educated on this and weighs in on it. I know it's not the most important issue facing our country today, but it could free up a billions of dollars for other more important things if we did end this ridiculous war. Plus I'd get to open up the smoke shop of my dreams :)

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=8600
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-paul_n_882707.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

How can you possibly not be a fan of Ron Paul? He's perfect.

Because his voting record in congress is not in line with what he says he wants. Also, I don't agree with his views on abortion. I do like some things he has to say, but I like some things almost everyone has to say. I don't think he's any worse than any other career politician, but that doesn't mean I think he's great, or perfect. He's just another one and I don't really like any of them.

This could be one of the single most greatest things this country could ever do.

Never going to happen.

I was gonna write my Congressman but then I got high.

I got high and wrote my congressman a 48 page letter. Mainly my thoughts on the new futurama... But I think I got the point across about legalizing.

The doodles in the margin were epic... Something email definitely lacks.

Debate blocked by Rep. Lamar Smith. This will never even be discussed.

Committee assignments

Committee on Homeland Security
Committee on the Judiciary (Chairman)
As Chairman of the full committee, Rep. Smith may serve as an ex officio member of all subcommittees.
Committee on Science, Space and Technology
Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics

Republican Study Committee
Tea Party Caucus

Yup. That asshole is part of the problem.

Because his voting record in congress is not in line with what he says he wants. Also, I don't agree with his views on abortion. I do like some things he has to say, but I like some things almost everyone has to say. I don't think he's any worse than any other career politician, but that doesn't mean I think he's great, or perfect. He's just another one and I don't really like any of them.

His stance is perfect on abortion. A Federal law for or against it is unconstitutional. And although he doesn't like abortions, he believes it should be a State's right to choose.

His stance is perfect on abortion. A Federal law for or against it is unconstitutional. And although he doesn't like abortions, he believes it should be a State's right to choose.
I'm pretty sure someone would stretch the commerce clause to cover it.

Which doesn't explain why he has sponsored constitutional amendments to ban it or severely limit it.
Actually that would be in keeping with that mind set. You need a constitutional amendment unless you want to stretch an already existing power to cover it. Like in my example of using the commerce clause.

Actually that would be in keeping with that mind set. You need a constitutional amendment unless you want to stretch an already existing power to cover it. Like in my example of using the commerce clause.

A federal constitutional amendment to ban abortion or severely limit abortion is not in line with giving the power to the states to decide whether this is legal in their states. Right now, it has been determined that the 14th amendment is the one that protects women in this case and states have the right to make laws regarding abortion based on trimester. Ron Paul does not agree with this currently accepted arrangement and wants to change it. He says he doesn't want bigger federal government and then tries to make sure the federal government is more involved in an issue despite the fact that it's an issue that has already been addressed and finished by the federal government.