Email Antics

gottoys? said:
The Oracle market is very small so in my field you do not want to burn bridges because chances are high you will run across someone in a future endeavour.
Yeah, that's like the SAN world - most people in the field have worked for, or are working for EMC or IBM

There's a 90% chance of meeting somebody else who knows someone you know :fly:

gottoys? said:
Sorry I know you want some encouragement that what you emailed your ex boss was funny and 'really showed him who was boss' ... but I don't believe in burning bridges. I once came very very close to 'speaking my mind' in the exit interview letter but instead choose not to even send it.

Funny - turns out that the company hired me as a high priced 1099 consultant and I have been working from home for them for the last 3 years. For some reason they think the world of me and would be the first to give me a glowing recommendation. BTW - I had quit the company to expand my career didn't get fired\laid off.

Just a word from the old and wise :)

I'm not concerned about burning this bridge. The job was "dead end", my bosses were schmucks, and I was outsourced to India and let go. I have no interest in returning to work for that company, ever.

edit: My ex-boss more than likely will just get a good laugh out of it anyway. He was against (at least as far as I knew) the Indian initiative, and my email in no way implied hard feelings against him.

kiwi said:
But he hated that place, he came home miserable everyday, neither of us ever want him to go back to work there.

I definately understand that and have experienced that!!!

again - you may never go back to that company but you never know if you might run into that 'boss' or the HR people in another company. People job hop alot.

gottoys? said:
I definately understand that and have experienced that!!!

again - you may never go back to that company but you never know if you might run into that 'boss' or the HR people in another company. People job hop alot.

I also hope to be with my current company for quite a long time anyway, as there is a great chance for forward movement here.

KNYTE said:
I also hope to be with my current company for quite a long time anyway, as there is a great chance for forward movement here.

Sounds like this all worked out for the better, that happens alot. You will be more motivated to go further if you love your job. So GOOD LUCK in this new opportunity, and it's great you didn't have to relocate. :)

gottoys? said:
Sounds like this all worked out for the better, that happens alot. You will be more motivated to go further if you love your job. So GOOD LUCK in this new opportunity, and it's great you didn't have to relocate. :)

Thank you. I appreciated you looking into jobs at your company just the same! :)

You should in tons of coupons that say 1/37 of a penny until you get the right amount.

Or wipe your butt with the check and make it obvious and see if they still cash it.

KNYTE said:
This company would literally take me to collections over $5.60, I have no doubt about it. So instead of having it hit my credit I'm just going to suck it up and deal with it.
:lol: No collection agency will take a $5.60 account

theacoustician said:
Not true. I had Blockbuster stick one on me for a $5 late fee.
:lol:

That's insane as it will actually cost the company more to send it to collection than it would to simply write it off

zengirl said:
:lol:

That's insane as it will actually cost the company more to send it to collection than it would to simply write it off
No arguement here, but people will be assholes and do things like that.

I dislike 'urban' women

They say the most off the wall and moronic things to complete strangers :wtf:

I love ignoring them though

They somehow construe that I feel that they deserve some iota of a response to the lingustic nightmare that emnated from their mouth and reiterate "heelllloooo" several times in this conciliated obnoxious tone

This happens to me quite often

Tonight I'm adjusting the choke on my bike after starting it and I hear the all too familiar accent behind me but can't make out what it is :rolleyes: then again, and I can make out 'motorcycle, one more time and I realize she's saying something like "ain't it too cold to be on a motorcycle" (mind you it was 60 degrees today, not 30-ish like yesterday) and then she repeats the "hello" bit a couple of times before walking away

If it weren't for the helmet, I would've turned and said "Why yes, you're spot on there miss. It *is* too cold to be on a motorcycle, which is precisely why I'm going to run behind it out of the wind"

GE Consumer Finance...

Yep. they would actually sue you for it in the end knowing their track record. Good job on paying. I cant see why they just cant take it out your final check however. If they didn't sucks for them.