Email Antics

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
So, you guys remember how when I was laid off my boss called me back a few days later and asked me to mail them a check for $5.60 for a package that I sent from the mail room? Well, this morning I got another reminder about it, my patience wore thin, and I responded with the following:

His email:

email from guy said:
Last Name, Dave (GE Consumer Finance) to me, Travis <- He CC'd my old boss for some reason
More options Nov 28 (21 hours ago)

It has come to my attention that you still have an unpaid FedEx bill with GE. Please mail or drop off a check made out to GE Capital Financial for $5.60 as soon as possible. You have had more then adequate reminders to this request and we have not seen a response.

Dave Last Name
Facilities Manager
GE Corporate Payment Services
GE Capital Financial, Inc.

T 801-******
F 866-******
D 8*******
E [email protected]
www.geconsumerfinance.com

My response (this is no shens):
I'm funny said:
Dave,

Thank you for your heartfelt and compassionate reminder that I had an exorbitant outstanding balance with the mail room. It pleases me greatly to see that even after two people part professional ways they can still remain casual friends and communicate with eachother with respect as individuals. My initial response to your reminder was to request that you to have the Indian that replaced Kevin and I pick up the tab, as he will likely spend his later years living like a king in his home country with money to spare. However, since that option is probably unrealistic, and also factoring in that GE has its own in-house collections department that will likely hound me to dying day, I will mail you a check this week for the requested amount. Forgive me for not paying at the time that my package was sent, but the mail room for some reason only takes checks, which I find archaic and crude by the way, and all I had with me that day was the very contemporary credit card and cash.

Yours truly (not in a gay way),

PS - This email was sent on recycled electrons (probably).

PPS - No animals were harmed in the creation or transmission of this email (Or even this week that I know of. I totally swerved to avoid hitting a dog on my way to work the other day though. You wouldn't believe this thing, it just ran out in the middle of the road while I was driving. I think it may have been trying to commit suicide because it buried a bone and forgot where it was, or had been drinking too much possibly. Or maybe it got into some chocolate which made it insane, kind of like when a human drinks a bunch of Nyquil, ever seen that? It's crazy, I'll say that much. Wait, I just realized this entire statement is false because my father-in-law went duck hunting over the weekend and killed several of them, which means some animals were harmed this week, which makes me a liar.
Damn. )

Proof that this is no shens on my part:

email4321.JPG

Last edited:
Pandora said:
I would have just told him he could take it out of the check you're waiting on from all your overtime.

This company would literally take me to collections over $5.60, I have no doubt about it. So instead of having it hit my credit I'm just going to suck it up and deal with it.

Pandora said:
I would have just told him he could take it out of the check you're waiting on from all your overtime.

We can't tell him to take it out of a check cause they still have 2 too send us.

Doodee doodee doo...I am not appreciating your laughter on this issue.

Regards,

Naheedanjaalabanahanajahar

The only thing keeping my company from replacing me with an Indian is my TSC, otherwise I'm positive they would have swaped me out a long time ago

Sorry I know you want some encouragement that what you emailed your ex boss was funny and 'really showed him who was boss' ... but I don't believe in burning bridges. I once came very very close to 'speaking my mind' in the exit interview letter but instead choose not to even send it.

Funny - turns out that the company hired me as a high priced 1099 consultant and I have been working from home for them for the last 3 years. For some reason they think the world of me and would be the first to give me a glowing recommendation. BTW - I had quit the company to expand my career didn't get fired\laid off.

Just a word from the old and wise :)

gottoys? said:
Sorry I know you want some encouragement that what you emailed your ex boss was funny and 'really showed him who was boss' ... but I don't believe in burning bridges. I once came very very close to 'speaking my mind' in the exit interview letter but instead choose not to even send it.

Funny - turns out that the company hired me as a high priced 1099 consultant and I have been working from home for them for the last 3 years. For some reason they think the world of me and would be the first to give me a glowing recommendation. BTW - I had quit the company to expand my career didn't get fired\laid off.

had the company originally laid you off I'm not so sure you would be making this post

gottoys? said:

But he hated that place, he came home miserable everyday, neither of us ever want him to go back to work there.

elpmis said:
had the company originally laid you off I'm not so sure you would be making this post

Not true - I was laid off from a company during the IT crash and stayed in good contact. My daughter now works for the company and is doing very well.

The Oracle market is very small so in my field you do not want to burn bridges because chances are high you will run across someone in a future endeavour.