Elpmis Movie Reviews: Lemony Snicket

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
^_^
Marklar
₥5
Elpmis give this movie: 5 out of 5 mayo jars.

For a 23-year-old male, telling friends “my girlfriend wants to see it” is the only justification sparing one from a pummeling of empty beer cans. Such was my excuse for buying two tickets to Robert Gordon’s Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. This movie was first a book written by Daniel Handler about three wealthy children's parents being killed in a fire. They are then sent to a relative, Count Olaf (played by Jim Carrey) and soon find that he is plotting to kill them and seize their parent’s fortune. Now let me say this first, I’m not a writer, in fact if I were to write a novel it would probably be documentation of my struggles writing a book. And with that comes my complete disregard for the arts in general: I dislike poetry, I detest paintings, Mozart can suck my dick, hell I don’t even enjoy throwing on a scarf to spend my afternoon in Starbucks. My point is that I wouldn’t recognize a good book or for that matter a good movie based off a good book, but I can tell you this, I haven’t enjoyed a movie as much as I enjoyed Lemony Snicket in a long, long time. And oh yeah, Emily Browning is going to be hot when she grows up.

Emily Browning is the young girl, not the toddler, right?

I have not even seen a preview for this movie, but the title leads me to believe that elpmis wants to make us suffer through it like him.

fly said:
I have not even seen a preview for this movie, but the title leads me to believe that elpmis wants to make us suffer through it like him.
WTF audience are you apart of that hasn't been bombarded with advertisements for this movie?

BigBoi69 said:
I think the only movie worth my money right now is going to be House of Flying Daggers :D

I saw that but know nothing about it other than my step-dad saying "it's like the crouching dragon hidden movie".

wr3kt said:
I saw that but know nothing about it other than my step-dad saying "it's like the crouching dragon hidden movie".

Probably a little bit- the guy that made Hero made this one as well, so you can almost be guaranteed it'll be better than Crouching Tiger was....... at least that's what I've gathered from it anyway.