electricity cost in your area?

Jonny_B

Erect Member
Oct 14, 2004
Marklar
₥76
My power company started raping me, so I just switched to a different one. My cost per kilowatt-hour should go from the 19.5 cents I paid on my last bill to about 14.9 cents, and it'll be all wind power. What does electricity cost where you live? I understand Texas is pretty high because we're deregulated now.

Mine runs anywhere from 75 - 125 a month. Then again, a good 3/5's of my walls are windows, and cooling this place is a nightmare.

no, no, no, you're all doing it wrong. I want to know your rate, not what you pay in dollars. That doesn't tell me anything because I don't know how much power you use.

no, no, no, you're all doing it wrong. I want to know your rate, not what you pay in dollars. That doesn't tell me anything because I don't know how much power you use.

yeah, I realize that but don't know the answer...I need to pay it today so I'll check

The 14 days included in this billing cycle for the house amounted to $52.67. Within that 14 days we have run both the a/c and the heat. LOL

Ottawa Hydro:

Electricity Charges:

• Consumption up to 600 kWh per month $0.0500/kWh
• Consumption above the 600 kWh per month $0.0590/kWh

Other Charges
• Transmission $0.0089/kWh
• Hydro Ottawa Delivery $0.0204/kWh
• Hydro Ottawa Fixed Charge $9.54 per month
• Low Voltage Services Charge $0.0002 /kWh
Regulatory $0.0062/kWh**
Debt Retirement $0.00694/kWh***

So, it works out to $0.09264 per kWh for the first 600, and $0.10164 after that

edit: it's in Canadian dollars and American hours

Last edited:
When I was living in an apartment I was on the fourth floor. As a result, I never had to turn on the electric heat. Not once. More often than not I had to open windows to cool things down to the lower 70's. My electric bill was like 25 bucks a month unless I turned on the A/C

I dunno, my boyfriend works for an electricity company so I'm sure he'd break it down into single unit cost. All I know is I pay around $14 a week for my electricity meter. So that's $60 a month, give or take $10 depending on what we do. :)