Halp Electrical people, help with a car project?

So what this car will have, based on the above sketch:

(1) A center-off switch that switches between nothing, parking lights only and parking lights + headlights
(2) A second switch that toggles the headlights between high beam and low beam.

Wiring looks OK.

So what this car will have, based on the above sketch:

(1) A center-off switch that switches between nothing, parking lights only and parking lights + headlights
(2) A second switch that toggles the headlights between high beam and low beam.

Wiring looks OK.
Yup.
Glad to hear, I was mildly proud of myself for realizing I could use those two terminals for the low/high beams. I need more familiarity with a catalog of parts to figure out what I could actually do. One of my professors told me about that first switch, I had seen them but had never realized how they worked.

I figure I'll put the rest of it together and stuff it in the car in the next day or so. Any changes in fuse amperage? 5 amps for the driving/parking lights and 20 for the headlights?

Built the fuse-holder and relay holding bits to be able to hold half a dozen more circuits if I find I need something.
With the start of rainy weather wipers are a mild concern, but I'm still exhaust, insurance, and registration away from driving regularly.

Last edited:
Figure out how many amps your bulbs all require and add their currents up - eg, a 55W headlight at 12V draws 55/12 = 4.58A, so about 10A for your headlights. I'd set the fuse, wire and relay ratings for double that.

04-25-2013_6443_PART_1366854896750.jpeg
Fuckers are BRIGHT