Election interest

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥947
What is your current interest in the elections tomorrow.

I am about 15% interested. None of the issues will effect me, nothing will change on the top end. The local issues are kind of lame, except for the smoking ban in public places.

I plan on voting. One main issue I'm looking for is the Gambling issue. If it's as good as it is on paper, then there's no reason to vote against it.

Governor: Republican Judy Barr Topinka or write in the Libertarian candidate Mark McCoy. Having a hard time deciding whether I should vote who I really want to vote for or doing anything in my power to get Blagojevich out of power. Topinka's fully endorsed by the NRA and JPFO.

House: Democrat Melissa Bean. The most conservative D I've seen since Zel Miller and the only one in my state that's RKBA friendly. On the other hand I'm tempted to vote for the Independant Scheurer but I need to fire off an email today to make my final decision.

What is your current interest in the elections tomorrow.

I am about 15% interested. None of the issues will effect me, nothing will change on the top end. The local issues are kind of lame, except for the smoking ban in public places.

How can you say you aren't interested? I have listened to you complain about gay rights in Ohio (not without reason), but I believe we have the chance here to change some of that. I hope you change your mind about being so disengaged and not at least trying for change. I hope you vote.

I'm incredibly interested in what happens tomorrow. Then again, I'm always interested in politics.

How can you say you aren't interested? I have listened to you complain about gay rights in Ohio (not without reason), but I believe we have the chance here to change some of that. I hope you change your mind about being so disengaged and not at least trying for change. I hope you vote.

I'm incredibly interested in what happens tomorrow. Then again, I'm always interested in politics.

What on gay interests are there on the ballot? Unless the ballot includes a completely new Ohio Senate and Rep list including all politcal officials, it holds no standing to me. also, surprisingly all of those running have similar views of homosexuality. Again, it can't get much worse than it is now.

I'd say I'm 80% interested in this election - especially Maryland's governor race which will be a close one

What on gay interests are there on the ballot? Unless the ballot includes a completely new Ohio Senate and Rep list including all politcal officials, it holds no standing to me. also, surprisingly all of those running have similar views of homosexuality. Again, it can't get much worse than it is now.

Having talked to a lot of people on the Senate and Rep list I know for a fact that they don't all have similar views of homosexuality. Also, I believe if Ken Blackwell becomes our governor things can and will get alot worse for many civil rights issues, not just gay rights (although I don't think there is anything he's more committed to defeating). Sure there aren't any issues on the ballot related to it, but there are some political officials out there that are worth getting rid of.

I'm thankful that all the stupid ads will stop after tomorrow. It actually hasn't been too terrible this year as far as negative ads go. Mostly in the governers race only.

Having talked to a lot of people on the Senate and Rep list I know for a fact that they don't all have similar views of homosexuality. Also, I believe if Ken Blackwell becomes our governor things can and will get alot worse for many civil rights issues, not just gay rights (although I don't think there is anything he's more committed to defeating). Sure there aren't any issues on the ballot related to it, but there are some political officials out there that are worth getting rid of.
Good thing you're moving out of there and over to MD*, eh?

* = Atlanta

Good thing you're moving out of there and over to MD*, eh?

* = Atlanta

Does this mean that if I come there next week I'm going to be compelled to stay?

What is going on in Maryland is terribly interesting. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I'm a little sad about leaving Ohio cause I've worked so hard for change here and it's slowly happening. I just won't be around in 10 years or so to see the results of my efforts. Political change is a long term commitment, but I hope it is worth it.

See that's the thing that people don't get. Perhaps there aren't any referendums n'such to vote on, but you still need to vote. Vote for the politicians who you think will do the most justice for their position. They are the ones that will get referendums on the ballot for you.

And dbzeag, don't ever think that there's no issues that effect you. EVERYTHING politicians do trickles back down to you sooner or later. Regardless, you are not the center of the universe. Vote because it's the right thing to do, not just because you may or may not 'get something' out of it. :rolleyes:

See that's the thing that people don't get. Perhaps there aren't any referendums n'such to vote on, but you still need to vote. Vote for the politicians who you think will do the most justice for their position. They are the ones that will get referendums on the ballot for you.

And dbzeag, don't ever think that there's no issues that effect you. EVERYTHING politicians do trickles back down to you sooner or later. Regardless, you are not the center of the universe. Vote because it's the right thing to do, not just because you may or may not 'get something' out of it. :rolleyes:

She's right, if nothing else, voting gives you the right to complain about the state of things until the next election. After all, if you aren't trying to do anything to change the state of things, you really don't have the right to complain about how bad they are. Voting is the least a person can do.

Me too. Straight Dem, just to piss off Pandora. FYI, this also makes the first time I've ever voted.

What a total waste of a vote. You wanna tell the Republicans you're not happy with them? Write them a friggn letter. Your one little vote will tell them nothing on election day, other than you want Democrats in office. The Islamic fascists appreciate your vote tho. They'll be so glad to hear you helped put appeasers into office for them.