Pics El Nuevo Yankme Taller (Now En Español!)

Coqui

Piccolo Pete
Oct 14, 2004
Columbus, OH
Marklar
₥3,593
So I decided on another project to build. Last summer I did a Playground for Dominic. This time, I wanted a real entertainment center instead of the TV stand everything was ghetto installed in.

So I got two sheets of MDF

7DOTK.jpg

Cut it up into smaller pieces

k3mfD.jpg

Wanted to see how it would look when all assembled

lhmVe.jpg

From the top

q8xFo.jpg

Another angle

zuYJU.jpg

Built and attached outer box and cut wire holes

Tk8N1.jpg

Primed and ready

zltPK.jpg

3 coats later

wO8hC.jpg

Voila! Assembled and used!

svHJ1.jpg

Yes, if we decide to, we can take the TV off the wall and put it on the entertainment center. Just when we bought the TV, we didn't have space for the stand so we put it on the wall.

you can use screws on mdf, you just have to drill pilot holes for every one of them, plus use coarse threaded sheet rock screws,
The biscuits & glue will hold fine, as long as you dont load it up too heavy or move it around too much.
But it looks good. Good job!

you can use screws on mdf, you just have to drill pilot holes for every one of them, plus use coarse threaded sheet rock screws,
The biscuits & glue will hold fine, as long as you dont load it up too heavy or move it around too much.
But it looks good. Good job!

If we do decide to put the TV on the top, I already have a dowel (about 1.5" thick) cut and painted to provide exrta support. As it stands right now, a Wii sensor is the only think on the top part.