Eighteen hours looking for one present.

Black Manta

Flaccid Member
Jun 15, 2007
Marklar
₥0
This was just nuts. I would have given up after five but my wife was determined to get my son the Lego set he asked Santa for. Unfortunately the set was discountined. A week before I saw a lot of these at the stores, so I figured I was safe to wait for payday.

Around midnight (we had started around nine in the morning) we went to the new Wal-Mart in the poorer area of town. I think they are running out of places to out their stores. Their website had it listed in stock. Anyway we got there and it was a madhouse. There was nothing on the shelves. There must have been a hundred carts around the store of merchandise to get put back on the shelf. After a couple hours of digging through these carts we gave up and went home.

I remember the good old days when stores closed.

I'm going to try to prevent my son from wanting Lego sets. I want him to have just the Lego blocks themselves and be creative in his own right. Legos were way more fun when they were that way.

I imagine we aren't far from having boxes and boxes of legos, my boys already love building things with blocks, legos are just the next logical step.

I can't complain too much though as I had quite a few of my own growing up.

I don't shop at an actual store unless its for pleasure. Pretty much everything is online for me.

fixt for me
I don't shop at actual stores anymore. everything is online for me

I LOVED legos when I was a kid. If I could get back all the time I spent playing with legos I could have a PHD.

Oddly, as much as you would think I would embrace it, I just can't online shop. I need to see an item before I buy it. That and shipping issues (what, your just gonna leave that shit in front of my door?) lead me to just get in the freakin car and drive to do my shopping. It's weird, I know.

Oddly, as much as you would think I would embrace it, I just can't online shop. I need to see an item before I buy it. That and shipping issues (what, your just gonna leave that shit in front of my door?) lead me to just get in the freakin car and drive to do my shopping. It's weird, I know.

I'm home most days so that isn't an issue.

You can usually get better deals online, and then you don't have to deal with crowds and madness.

The cost of shipping is worth not having to pay for the gas to go to the store and that hassle after you get there.

Edit: As WAW said, I like shopping for pleasure, but if I simply have a list of things or one particular item we want to buy, I'll go online first.