EDU: Don't ever help anyone, ever.

yeah, get a lawyer to send a threatening letter. i'd get the car and drive it away..if the title's forged, wouldn't it be easy to show it's not your signature?
and give him through february to pay if this did happen last summer. it's not been the deadline yet. i'd be antsy too, but i also know that if i could save $50 a month knowing that i could pay it all off in february, it'd be easier to wait till then. not fair to you to not let you know that, but maybe that's his case.
i think suing and taking to court and all that would earn you nothing but a blood pressure explosion.
good luck whatever you decide. i hope it works out for you!!

I could do something like this.

ATT5448617.jpg

My little sister is a notary, and since we have different last names no one would know we are related without looking into it.

Edit: He did speak to him yesterday and everything still seems to be on schedule as planned. The payment we are missing was simply sent to the wrong address with the move and should be returned to him then he can get us a new one.

No it's most likely a check but it's just a 50 dollar payment, not the final one, that one isn't coming till next month.
glad to hear things are back on track, though "the cheque is in the mail" always sounds suspicious, especially when it's followed by "to the wrong address". He shouldn't have to wait for it to be returned before sending another cheque to the correct address.