Earthquake causes the days to become shorter

DW said:
Maybe two weeks? :fly:

You might want to wait until the weather warms up, it's cold around here, I'm freezing today :(
Week and a half is all I have saved up in vacation time. :(

Why wait until the warmer weather hits? I thought I was gonna keep you warm? :fly:

CletusJones said:
Week and a half is all I have saved up in vacation time. :(

Why wait until the warmer weather hits? I thought I was gonna keep you warm? :fly:

OK, a week will be fine ;)

Sure, you can keep me warm, but if you get snowed in here don't say I didn't warn you :shifty:

DW said:
OK, a week will be fine ;)

Sure, you can keep me warm, but if you get snowed in here don't say I didn't warn you :shifty:
warn me about what? That's part of the reason I'd like to come now. Snowed in = :drool:

for 3 years it was 6 or 8 times a week and now it's been like 3 months. I'm practially insatiable at this point. :shifty:

CletusJones said:
warn me about what? That's part of the reason I'd like to come now. Snowed in = :drool:

for 3 years it was 6 or 8 times a week and now it's been like 3 months. I'm practially insatiable at this point. :shifty:

Let me check the weather forecast and see when the next big snowstorm is coming through so we can get you snowed in for a while :fly:

Insatiable, hmmmmm? All the better, I could really keep you busy ;)

CletusJones said:
OMG Seriously, what will we do?

So about every 27 years, everyone will lose one second of their life. Just think of what you could have done with those precious extra seconds. It almost brings a tear to my eye.
i think your math is a little off there. 1/10,000 X 27 != 1

DW said:
Let me check the weather forecast and see when the next big snowstorm is coming through so we can get you snowed in for a while :fly:

No big snow storms for our area for at least the next week according to that weather site you showed me :p

Harper said:
i think your math is a little off there. 1/10,000 X 27 != 1
Okay, you're right.

Let's try this again, shall we?

There's 86400 seconds in a day. Multiplied by 1/10,000 is 8.64 seconds per day. If you multiply that by 365 days/year you end up with 3153.6 seconds/year. Divided by 60 seconds/minute gives you 52.56 minutes/year that will be lost. Does that sound right now?

EDIT:
OK, I'm retarded. I was assuming that each second was 1/10,000 shorter. If we try this again and multiply 1/10,000 sec/day times 365 days/year you end up with .0365 seconds/year. Better?

Last edited:
diat.gif

DW said:

Fantastic. Just let me know a week in advance and I'll set up my trip. :D

I'm sure you could keep me busy... Also, apparently my math was off, I think I've got it right now, there's about 52 minutes lost per year if I did it right. That means more time for us to keep ourselves "occupied" :fly:

Wait, that 52 minutes is wrong.

Last edited:
JaymieT said:
No big snow storms for our area for at least the next week according to that weather site you showed me :p

Damn, too bad :(

CletusJones said:
Fantastic. Just let me know a week in advance and I'll set up my trip. :D

I'm sure you could keep me busy... Also, apparently my math was off, I think I've got it right now, there's about 52 minutes lost per year if I did it right. That means more time for us to keep ourselves "occupied" :fly:

Wait, that 52 minutes is wrong.

Well, when you figure out how many extra seconds, or minutes, are lost in a year let me know :p The more time to keep *occupied* the better :fly:

EDIT: I just read over what I typed, I don't think it makes sense :confused:

DW said:
Well, when you figure out how many extra seconds, or minutes, are lost in a year let me know :p The more time to keep *occupied* the better :fly:

EDIT: I just read over what I typed, I don't think it makes sense :confused:
I think I might have gotten it at .0365 seconds/year that we're losing.

DW said:
Hmph. So if anyone ever figures out how much time (if any) we're losing let me know, I give up! :p
I dunno, math isn't really my strongpoint. You'd think that I'd be good at it, what with me being an engineering student and all...

oh, hang on a sec......... he he there you go there's 27 years worth of time slippage in one post.. :p

Restless said:
oh, hang on a sec......... he he there you go there's 27 years worth of time slippage in one post.. :p
i've already spent a lifetime of time slippage trying to figure out how much time is slipping.