Pics Earth Day - possibly nsfw. not yet tho.

You might have misread the story. When Air Force 1 and 2 take off and land, no other air traffic is allowed at through the airport. It's to avoid some nutbag using an airplane to crash into one of the presidential carriers. So the circling planes are commercial jets and such waiting for the clearance to land.

moar: http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_0_6627.html

When then-prez Bush visited WV while I was working there, you should have seen the wasted tax dollars for that 30 min speech is gave to coal union workers that eventually got laid off anyway. 7 days prior to him coming his helicopter landed each day until the meeting to "test" the airport facilities. And 3 days before many armored black cars infiltrated the city and scoped the place out. The day he came there was a giant cavalcade of cars and trucks with helicoptors circling overhead to watch to drive from the airport to the meeting.

I can't imagine the cost of manpower let alone equipment price that 30 min meeting took just an hour from the White House. What does it cost for an international visit?

And I read Obama's security is even more extensive. :eek:

The following operations are not authorized within this TFR: flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, banner towing operations, sightseeing operations, maintenance test flights, model aircraft operations, model rocketry, and unmanned aircraft systems (UAS).

When did Palin get a job in NY?

An oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico that caught fire after an explosion on Tuesday has now sunk, the US coastguard has said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8638638.stm

"Since 2001, there have been 858 fires and explosions in the Gulf, according to the federal Minerals Management Service."

There goes the rest of the dolphins.

This should put all the calls for offshore drilling only 2 miles out in florida to rest.

When then-prez Bush visited WV while I was working there, you should have seen the wasted tax dollars for that 30 min speech is gave to coal union workers that eventually got laid off anyway. 7 days prior to him coming his helicopter landed each day until the meeting to "test" the airport facilities. And 3 days before many armored black cars infiltrated the city and scoped the place out. The day he came there was a giant cavalcade of cars and trucks with helicoptors circling overhead to watch to drive from the airport to the meeting.

I can't imagine the cost of manpower let alone equipment price that 30 min meeting took just an hour from the White House. What does it cost for an international visit?

And I read Obama's security is even more extensive. :eek:

ya, it pissed a lot of people off when he came here and shut down the downtown core just to drive through it, snipers on rooftops and everything.

kfcsandwich.jpg

mmmm, that looks good

ya, it pissed a lot of people off when he came here and shut down the downtown core just to drive through it, snipers on rooftops and everything.

And he's still on the campaign trail racking up costs...the bastard needs to stay in Washington