Early Morning Flight around Lough Neagh.

Galen

Flaccid Member
Nov 25, 2004
Ireland
Marklar
₥0
Tidings good sirs. I thought now would be a truely amazing time to share a few images of the photographic variety with you gents. These were taken last week when myself and the good Captain boarded our fine stallion of the skies for a brisk flight. The main goal of this undertaking was to get some fine pictures of the treshold of the runway on landing, but as Chief Photographer General, I managed to snap a few more of our boring landscape. So without further ado..

blain.jpg

Let us begin with a picture of the man himself. Our mighty fine Maverick who managed to forget his pilots licence on the only day he was required to have it! ho ho! Isn't he a fine gent though?

flight1.jpg

This is our workhorse. Many an hour this fine vessel has spent dancing on laughters silvered wings. To be honest it terrified me, but the good Captain came to my aid, informing me of it's safety. Just in time too!

flight2.jpg

This is the cockpit of the aircraft. Very 70's, but comfortable nonetheless.

flight3.jpg

Two minutes after take-off we reach the foot of the River Bann. Quite impressive from this height, quite smelly and stagnant from up close. We can blame those pesky farmers causing intensive eutrophication in our fine environment. Shower of shites they are.

flight4.jpg

Portmore Lough about 15 minutes in. Portmore Lough is situated at the south-east corner of Lough Neagh in County Antrim, about 20 miles (32 km) from Belfast. It's a nature reserve as far as I know.

flight5.jpg

Mist rolling in over the Sperrin Mountains in County Tyrone on the west shoreline of Lough Neagh. This picture did not turn out as well as I had hoped it would. It was truely a beautiful site.

flight6.jpg

Holding over Portmore Lough to allow a FlyBE Dash-8 to touch and go. Looked to be a training excercise for the pilot. As you can see in this picture, our fine Captain is still at the helm of this great juggernaut of steel and grit.

flight7.jpg

The mighty fine runway of EGAA, 54° 39′ 27″ N 006° 12′ 56″ W. Here we are at about ~1.3 mile out.

flight8.jpg

Closer still. I seem to have focused on the rain splatter in this picture by accident. It had so much potential too!

flight9.jpg

And here she is, the piece de resistance. I had to stand up to take this picture and was holding the camera at an odd angle to get a good shot. I am very pleased with how it turned out. Hooray!

So there you have it. A thread. Enjoy!

theacoustician said:
Its odd how the whole countryside of the UK seems to be divided into those tiny parcels.

Cool pics. Take more.
Never been to Mass or NY have ya :p Same system for determining property. :cran:

theacoustician said:
Its odd how the whole countryside of the UK seems to be divided into those tiny parcels.

Cool pics. Take more.

UK?? What pics were you looking at?

Spiffy pics ya got thar Galen! Don't know if I would have been able to get on that plane tho. I prefer planes with more engines!! LOL
More pics PLEEEZE! :heart:

theacoustician said:

Cool pics. Take more.
Hopefully next week fine sir. Here's hoping for good weather!

Pandora said:
UK?? What pics were you looking at?

Spiffy pics ya got thar Galen! Don't know if I would have been able to get on that plane tho. I prefer planes with more engines!! LOL
More pics PLEEEZE! :heart:
To be honest I was a little scared myself but once I was up I was loving it!
I will definitely try to get more pics of the more general landscape. I climbed the Sperrin Mountains in eary March and hope to do it again soon, wonderful view might I add!

FlamingGlory said:
(Antrim is in N. Ireland)

More pics would be cool though ^__^
emot-eng101.gif
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It's really a seperate state from the UK due to devolved power. But it's just lumped in with the rest to keep it simple.

And yes yes, more pictures may be on the way soon!

Drool-Boy said:
Spiffy pics!
Ive considered taking flying lessons before, but only so I could buzz playgrounds and drop pee-filled water balloons on crowds.
The little hole you can see in the aircraft side window is more than sufficient for said water balloons, possibly even a cat or small dog.
You should take flying lessons, The captain received his full licence when he was 16 I believe and continues to go back just to have a little jaunt every now and then. Nothing quite like it

Drool-Boy said:
Spiffy pics!
Ive considered taking flying lessons before, but only so I could buzz playgrounds and drop pee-filled water balloons on crowds.
You just want to feel your hair blowing in the breeze.

I just want to comb it afterwards.

fly said:
It makes me feel real good when I notice a mistake and fix it.
Better not correct any of my entries. I recently had one of my articles defaced by some young upstart... I put him in his place [Edit]

Galen said:
Better not correct any of my entries. I recently had one of my articles defaced by some young upstart... I put him in his place [Edit]
Defacing is fun too. I think they removed all my Drool-Boy entries. :(