Dyson Vacuum Cleaners

bast_imret

Erect Member
Oct 26, 2004
Marklar
₥157
Anyone used them before? What do you think? I am looking into getting one of the Animal ones, cause our pets shed like fucking fiends, and the current bagless upright isn't cutting it anymore. It's lost a good bit of suction due to the chamber not sealing right anymore, can't pick up worth a crap on the tile (just shoots it out the back), and it makes a really weird smell after about 5 min of use. The Dyson sounds nice and looks good in theory, but some user input would be good. I'm hesitant to spend $350 on a freakin vacuum.

Drool-Boy said:
I wouldnt buy one just because I hate the snobby sounding guy on the commercials.
Plus 350+ is kinda steep for a vacuum cleaner.

It's all relative. I could always spend $1000 on a Rainbow.

Thanks for the epinions link, 142 pretty gewd reviews can't all be wrong, but I'd still like some input from people I know. That is, if any of you actually have any hands-on input to give.

Drool-Boy said:
Id sooner higher jesse jackson to get on his hands & knees and suck the dirt off my carpet with his mouth

I can only guess as to how you guide him across the room.

elpmis said:
just let shit stay on your carpet, it's not that big of a fucking deal if you're wearing your shoes

With a corgi and two cats, the carpeting begins to get lost under a blanket of fur. It really does need to be cleaned alot mroe often than I currently do it, but the current vacuum is such a pain in the ass.

my mother in law just bought one after blowing up another vacuum. They reviewed it on Techtv quite a while back. They said it worked pretty well, if a little expensive. Also, all three models work the same, they just come with different attachments. I would buy the standard one and see if it works for your pet. If you need to you can buy the attachments separately

Wife and I bought a nice Hoover windtunnel that sucks up the fur our huskie sheds. Thats a lot of fur. Works pretty good although it needs new filters I think.

Checkout slickdeals or fatwallet. Oftentimes you can get a good deal on one through bed, bath, and beyond or even Kohls.com.

I own a Dyson. It works awesome. Much better than the Hoover I had prior. The Hoover just couldn't handle pet fur. This one handles it like a champ.

smileynev said:
my mother in law just bought one after blowing up another vacuum. They reviewed it on Techtv quite a while back. They said it worked pretty well, if a little expensive. Also, all three models work the same, they just come with different attachments. I would buy the standard one and see if it works for your pet. If you need to you can buy the attachments separately

Wife and I bought a nice Hoover windtunnel that sucks up the fur our huskie sheds. Thats a lot of fur. Works pretty good although it needs new filters I think.

Checkout slickdeals or fatwallet. Oftentimes you can get a good deal on one through bed, bath, and beyond or even Kohls.com.

That's where I found the deal on Amazon for the Animal model for $325. Normally $500, refurbished models are knocked down to $350 and then there is a $25 off coupond with free shipping. Seems like a good deal for the unit, but ya, it's a good bit to spend on a vacuum.

Edit: they are all out of the refurb cheaper yellow ones. I think those were going for $260 after refurb discount and coupon.

If you do get it, will you stick your penis in it and turn it on?

Coqui said:
I own a Dyson. It works awesome. Much better than the Hoover I had prior. The Hoover just couldn't handle pet fur. This one handles it like a champ.

Good to know. We just got a Bissell upright Steamcleaner Pro for our anniversary (from my parents) so if we ever want to use it, we need to make sure we can get as much of the hair as possible off the floor first. When I use our current one, the cannister is full after I do half the living room. And it's not even doing well. I can hear the suction leak when I use it, a nice high pitched sucking whistle, cause the seal on the lid doesn't sit right anymore.

bast_imret said:
Good to know. We just got a Bissell upright Steamcleaner Pro for our anniversary (from my parents) so if we ever want to use it, we need to make sure we can get as much of the hair as possible off the floor first. When I use our current one, the cannister is full after I do half the living room. And it's not even doing well. I can hear the suction leak when I use it, a nice high pitched sucking whistle, cause the seal on the lid doesn't sit right anymore.

This was designed quite well.

Coqui said:
This was designed quite well.

Well, does anyone have any other vacuum reccomendations to consider other than the Dyson. I got nev's ( do you know what model it is? ), anyone else?

Last edited:
bast_imret said:
Well, does anyone have any other vacuum reccomendations to consider other than the Dyson. I got nev's, anyone else?

I have a red devil upright/bagless
Had it for about a year and it works pretty well.
It doesnt have a lot in the way of attachments tho.