Dyson Vacuum Cleaners

Drool-Boy said:
I have a red devil upright/bagless
Had it for about a year and it works pretty well.
It doesnt have a lot in the way of attachments tho.

well, how many attachments do you really need? I've got a Shopvac for heavy duty work and for corners/ceilings and the like. But the pet attachment on the Dyson does sound pretty nice, especially for our new couches.

bast_imret said:
Well, does anyone have any other vacuum reccomendations to consider other than the Dyson. I got nev's ( do you know what model it is? ), anyone else?

Some sort of windtunnel. Retails for around $300. I would probably get the dyson, though, no filters or anything.

smileynev said:
Some sort of windtunnel. Retails for around $300. I would probably get the dyson, though, no filters or anything.

It does have a filter actually, the hepa one. But it's made so that you just pop it out every 6 months and rinse it out in the sink. After it dries, pop it back in and you are good for another 6 months. You can keep doing it over and over again.

Pandora said:
I would check out Consumer Reports, go with whatever shopvac they rate the best. Cuz you guys definatly need a shopvac for all that fur! :fly:

from reading some comments on fatwallet, CR apparently has their heads up their asses on the subject of vacuums. Their top rated was a sears or some such brand $38 one that some of the forum members tried and didn't like. Basically, it performs like a $38 vacuum. What do you expect.

bast_imret said:
from reading some comments on fatwallet, CR apparently has their heads up their asses on the subject of vacuums. Their top rated was a sears or some such brand $38 one that some of the forum members tried and didn't like. Basically, it performs like a $38 vacuum. What do you expect.
That is untrue. I read their latest vacuum review. It was about 2-3 months ago and recommended a $260 vacuum as the top one. iirc, the dyson finished 19th, cause my friend has one and I wanted to laugh at him.

fly said:
That is untrue. I read their latest vacuum review. It was about 2-3 months ago and recommended a $260 vacuum as the top one. iirc, the dyson finished 19th, cause my friend has one and I wanted to laugh at him.

Every other vac I've used, has not handled as well as the Dyson I purchased.

What's the point? You're just gonna break it like every other vacuum cleaner you've owned. You guys need some kind of industrial strength unit.

theacoustician said:
What's the point? You're just gonna break it like every other vacuum cleaner you've owned. You guys need some kind of industrial strength unit.

yea, and those cost $$ :(

http://www.epinions.com/Miele_Blue_Moon_S658_Vacuum_Cleaners

Actually, this is the only one we've had problems with. The last one was my mom's old hoover hand me down that choked pretty quickly on all the pet hair. The current one has more belt and suction problems than I can shake a stick at. So the option of moving to a beltless dyson is appealing. I like what arcadeho said about the Dyson, but some of the reviews of the windtunnel (that $260 that was mentioned) sound good too. Hmmm . . .

bast_imret said:
It does have a filter actually, the hepa one. But it's made so that you just pop it out every 6 months and rinse it out in the sink. After it dries, pop it back in and you are good for another 6 months. You can keep doing it over and over again.
Mine has a hepa filter, it needs washing way more often than 6 months if used on carpet :fly:

Don't really have much in the way of carpets anymore now, the apartment has none and only one room in the new house does