DVR

shawndavid said:
I can see Zac the Legomaniac watching this in a french maid outfit and Puma suedes as he squeezes a large pastry bag filled with honey butter in flower-shaped dollops onto freshly prepared croissants.

You can see it any time you want, its on your DVR

eileenbunny said:
Recently our satellite boxes started dying. One by one they have cooked themselves. Consequently we have very little DVR'd. A couple of So You Think You Can Dance episodes, some Good Eats, and some Saved episodes.
Wild guess : you keep your equipment in some form of entertainment cabinetry or have other things stacked on top of your cable box, correct?

theacoustician said:
Wild guess : you keep your equipment in some form of entertainment cabinetry or have other things stacked on top of your cable box, correct?

Good guess, but incorrect. Well, not entirely. The bedroom one sits on top of a dresser with nothing on it. The loft one sits on top of the TV. The living room one does sit in our entertainment center, which is very open. It has about a foot on either side of it, nothing above it, and the entertainment center does not have doors on it. We are not electronics murderers. These things are committing suicide.

eileenbunny said:
Good guess, but incorrect. Well, not entirely. The bedroom one sits on top of a dresser with nothing on it. The loft one sits on top of the TV. The living room one does sit in our entertainment center, which is very open. It has about a foot on either side of it, nothing above it, and the entertainment center does not have doors on it. We are not electronics murderers. These things are committing suicide.
Model of the box?

Thorn Bird said:
wow. y'all are all fancy. we have basic cable and a vcr.

I have basic and a DVD player. I'll be damned if I'm giving some half-assed corporations more of my money for some half-assed programming.

I'd rather just masturbate and play BF2.

theacoustician said:
1. This isn't trying to be anal, but you aren't re-encoding a thing when you move from a ts file to a mpeg file. A ts stream is just a packetized mpeg (in the US, that almost always means its MPEG2). I know that may sound petty, but getting little things like this wrong completely negates any chance of understanding other weirdness you have to go through to make this shit work. It does for me at least.

2. If you had a hard limit of 1GB, it sounds like you didn't properly set the MaxFileSize flag. 1 GB happens to be the default setting.

3. If you want to trim up ts files, try this http://jonkers.net.au/index_files/freewaresoftware.htm

4. So You Think You Can Dance? WTF is wrong with you?

Other than that, its hard to trace your sync problem without more info.
1. I really have no idea what I'm doing. :p For some reason using CapDVHS if I capture with a .ts filename the data is corrupt. I figured it was due to the copy protection; I checked the box settings and it is enabled. However if I simply tell the app to capture with a .mpg filename everything's kosher. I have no idea why.

2. HDTVtoMPEG2, the app recommended by that link, allowed me to change the size of the clips but if I made them any more than 1024mb it would crash around 1048. I don't know what else I would have to change.

3. :heart:

4. Fuck you, it's a good show. :lol: In the past year I took a dance classes and got friendly with a couple of dancers and I'm currently hitting on another. :p It's a great conversation starter with fanatics of the show...besides, I really was capping those for a friend that went on vacation. :p

Sarcasmo said:
I have basic and a DVD player. I'll be damned if I'm giving some half-assed corporations more of my money for some half-assed programming.

I'd rather just masturbate and play BF2.

oh, we have a dvd player, but we can't record on that (that i know of, but i'm an idiot.)

eileenbunny said:
I briefly thought about looking at it and seeing, but then I decided I'm too lazy. It's whatever dvr/receivers Dish Network is using. The pictures on their website don't look like what we have though.
If its the DISH 921, then God help you.