Ontopic Dukes Downton Abbey Diary

Like, where did they find ALL OF THOSE items for the set?! The set is MASSIVE with antique cars, kitchen equipment, interior decorations, etc from that time period. Fucking insane.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke
She just gets better and better.

Carson is another character that I didn't think I'd fall in love with either. He's so prim and proper, but his heart is always in the right place even though he's a little bitch at times. He's another favorite character of mine.

Again, it was his change of heart with Bates (because of how Bates showed him so much respect with the 'blackmailer') that really brought me around on him. From that point forward, it really seemed like they wrote him in more as less of a stodgy codger and more of a 'shepherd' for all under his care, including the staff. I liked that change of direction.

And now that's he is completely onto O'Brien and Thomas bullshit, I'm happy.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Again, it was his change of heart with Bates (because of how Bates showed him so much respect with the 'blackmailer') that really brought me around on him. From that point forward, it really seemed like they wrote him in more as less of a stodgy codger and more of a 'shepherd' for all under his care, including the staff. I liked that change of direction.

And now that's he is completely onto O'Brien and Thomas bullshit, I'm happy.
:lol: Exactly! Such great writing.

It was upsetting that they ended the show. :hs:

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and Duke
It's not a soap opera, but a drama time-piece series that tries to relate to the times as much as possible.

They took it so seriously and so did the fans that for one photo shoot, someone left a plastic water bottle in frame that the internet lost their shit over. :lol:
The internet freaked out over nothing?
I dont believe you

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Like, where did they find ALL OF THOSE items for the set?! The set is MASSIVE with antique cars, kitchen equipment, interior decorations, etc from that time period. Fucking insane.
This is all stuff from like 200 years ago. I'm sure some of it was recreated, but sheesh, it was incredibly detailed.

:lol: :lol: Oh bless your heart child. The Titanic did not sink 200 years ago and we have houses that look like the set of Downton Abbey all over the UK. You really should come on a cultural trip here sometime.

:lol::lol: Oh bless your heart child. The Titanic did not sink 200 years ago and we have houses that look like the set of Downton Abbey all over the UK. You really should come on a cultural trip here sometime.

Telephones and automobiles were all the rage in 1818, don't you know.

• Gravy
Reactions: kiwi
You all might be surprised how much crap museums have from various time periods just squirreled away. Textiles don't last well enough to be loaned out, but other objects like furniture can be borrowed at times.