Baby Dry Spell

Tornado sirens and prisoner escape sirens.

But we had those in Ohio as well, at least where I was. And I grew up with air raid sirens, it's kind of comforting to me. You know, I was 12 years old before I learned that it was not common to hear explosions in the background of your world. I guess that's what you get for living close to Aberdeen Proving Ground. It was an odd sort of revelation.

New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago are the major cities of the US. Houston is getting up there.

It's hard to say exactly what I find interesting or exciting in a place to visit. But the point is that there is nothing really interesting and unique in Ohio that isn't in almost every other state.

Some thing I really would like to see in the US are The Rockies, Hoover Dam, Mount Rushmore, Niagra Falls, The Keys, etc.

Most of the places I still want to visit in the US involve roller coasters. The pacific northwest is the exception, but I'm sure they have roller coasters there too.

New York City, Los Angeles, and Chicago are the major cities of the US. Houston is getting up there.
So Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Seattle aren't major cities either?

It's hard to say exactly what I find interesting or exciting in a place to visit. But the point is that there is nothing really interesting and unique in Ohio that isn't in almost every other state.

Cornhenge, Longaberger headquarters, the Blue Hole

Some thing I really would like to see in the US are The Rockies, Hoover Dam, Mount Rushmore, Niagra Falls, The Keys, etc.

Hoover dam is about 25 minutes away from me.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDIQ8gEwAA

:D

So Boston, Baltimore, San Francisco, and Seattle aren't major cities either?

Nope. They are big cities no doubt, but are dwarfed by the other three.

Cornhenge, Longaberger headquarters, the Blue Hole

455273_700b_v1.jpg

:lol:

Just some forwarning. The Keys. Really, just a place to go drink. To really see the Keys for why people are amazed by them, you need to know a local and have them show you around.

Or avoid Key West. That Key is all about Duval Street and whatever bars spill off of it.

The Rockies - should be on everyone's list.
Hoover Dam, do this on a road trip through the Rockies

Rushmore - Sucks that it's in the middle of Nowhere, USA.

Just some forwarning. The Keys. Really, just a place to go drink. To really see the Keys for why people are amazed by them, you need to know a local and have them show you around.

Or avoid Key West. That Key is all about Duval Street and whatever bars spill off of it.

I just want to see the beaches. I have no interest in hanging out in bars full of drunk Americans.

I just want to see the beaches. I have no interest in hanging out in bars full of drunk Americans.

At least half of the people you see in Key West bars aren't American.

If it's beaches you want, then definitely avoid Key West. It's beaches are meh.

Key Largo, Marathon, less touristy, more relaxed. and, more hickish.

it's not a big city unless it has a million people in it
Boston "only" has about 650,000 or so that live there, probably over a million during the work day.

However, it's tiny, less than 50 square miles compared to NYC's 300-something and LA's 400-something, Chicago's 200-something, etc.

Additionally, though it's population density is lower than that of NYC, it is higher than LA or Chicago.