drug deals and the people who participate...

S

smileynev

...Most of you probably don't know, but I'm sure elpi and bigdov might. The wife and I went to lunch at a Subway not too far from where I work. On the way back I accidently cut some dude off that turned into the wrong lane behind me in my big bad black truck. He honked at me, I giggled, and so on. Anyway, we drove on a little farther and got stuck behind a semi backing up from our street onto a side street. Happens a lot in this end of town. So I stopped and waited. The dude that I cutoff took off around us, followed by another car. The semi pulled in and we drove down the road a little ways. The car we cutoff and the other one both stopped at a stop sign. Some dude was walking across the street between them and we saw the guy in the first car talking to him. He waited at the stop sign for awhile before throwing on his signal, turning, and pulling over to the side of the road. The car behind him followed. Both of them had generic for sale signs in their back driver side windows. The dude on the street walked over to talk to them

Was this some kind of drug deal. Do the for sale signs mean they are drug dealers?

smileynev said:
Ummm, there are a ton of periods in that paragraph???:confused:
It's not all about the periods. ;)

There are other exciting things like indentation, colons, commas even. Grammactical considerations like pace, flow etc.

You'll learn...

FlamingGlory said:
It's not all about the periods. ;)

There are other exciting things like indentation, colons, commas even. Grammactical considerations like pace, flow etc.

You'll learn...

I see commas. Its one paragraph so maybe what, one indentation? Pace and flow are inline with the the fast paced story itself. You just suck at understanding the creative process and beauty of my writing.

April23 said:
In synapses in the central nervous system there are two functionally distinct types of receptor. Binding at stimulatory receptors increases the likelihood of a signal being transmitted, while binding at inhibitory receptors reduces it. Glycine receptors are one of the main types of inhibitory receptor, particularly in the lower parts of the central nervous system, and it is these that are blocked by strychnine. (Rang, 1999)

The result is huge over-transmission of signals, resulting in reflex arcs, which would normally be suppressed by the postsynaptic action of glycine, becoming active, so that the tiniest sensory stimulus produces powerful muscular contraction.

This leads to powerful and extremely painful convulsions, there being no impairment of cognitive or sensory function. Death occurs as a result of respiratory arrest, due to spasm and paralysis of the respiratory muscles.

Symptoms usually begin within about 20 minutes of ingestion of the poison, but onset can be more gradual. The lethal dose is about 5mg/kg body-weight, in other words about 350mg for an adult.