Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
cadillac-world-thorium-fuel-concept-1-668x350.jpg

Thorium Laser powered Cadillac

http://www.txchnologist.com/2011/the-thorium-laser-the-completely-plausible-idea-for-nuclear-cars

tastes are not universal.

Thank god for that.

I'm not facepalming over the design. A facepalm wouldn't be sufficient for that.

I'm facepalming over GM building shit like this when they still can't building a decent normal car. Priorities are all sorts of fucked.

I'm not facepalming over the design. A facepalm wouldn't be sufficient for that.

I'm facepalming over GM building shit like this when they still can't building a decent normal car. Priorities are all sorts of fucked.

It's a thorium laser powered nuclear car that produces no radiation, no emissions, no need for refueling or recharging, and is a completely self contained power system.

That is a priority I can support. Thorium is as abundant as lead. Eliminates carbon fuel burning. Good for the environment. I'm all for it.

It's a thorium laser powered nuclear car that produces no radiation, no emissions, no need for refueling or recharging, and is a completely self contained power system.

That is a priority I can support. Thorium is as abundant as lead. Eliminates carbon fuel burning. Good for the environment. I'm all for it.

Yeah and we'll see these in mass production when? Nuclear cars, pfft!

If you read the article, you might find it's more plausible than you think.

That's what the article would have me think. It's still a radioactive power source which has been on the drawing board for well over a decade.

That's what the article would have me think. It's still a radioactive power source which has been on the drawing board for well over a decade.

Longer than that. It's been known as a potential power source since the start of the cold war. However, Thorium could not be weaponized. Plutonium and Uranium could, thus the push for a different power source.

I'm surprised. This is the kind of technology I would have figured you to support, as it is exactly the kind of thing we need right now.

Longer than that. It's been known as a potential power source since the start of the cold war. However, Thorium could not be weaponized. Plutonium and Uranium could, thus the push for a different power source.

I'm surprised. This is the kind of technology I would have figured you to support, as it is exactly the kind of thing we need right now.

I'm all for alternatives to fossil fuels, but my experience has shown me that these bright new ideas come and go quite often.