drool, you ok? v. shots fired

I really believe we should take the opposite tactic and arm EVERYONE! Make gun safety a mandatory high school class and hand out gun licenses like they do drivers licenses. If everyone was armed all the time, perhaps there would be less violence. Mugging someone who is carrying a weapon seems much more difficult. Some crazy man walks into a classroom full of college students and starts firing and the classroom full of students all pull out their guns and shoot back. Problem solved more quickly. We aren't going to get rid of guns, so take it the other way and see what happens.

Good luck at work tomorrow, Patrick. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.

I agree but have to add, stiffer penalties for crimes related to weapons as well. Obviously there are some people who have no common sense. These people will be the ones that will shoot someone because they cheated on them (or they might shoot the person their SO cheated with) I don't know if crimes of passion are weighed the same as regular murder, but if it isn't, it should.

Back to work.
I never actually met the guy that was killed, but I traded a lot of emails with him. He distributed a motorcycling newsletter to all of us biker-types here at JSC. Hes gonna be really missed:(

I really believe we should take the opposite tactic and arm EVERYONE! Make gun safety a mandatory high school class and hand out gun licenses like they do drivers licenses. If everyone was armed all the time, perhaps there would be less violence. Mugging someone who is carrying a weapon seems much more difficult. Some crazy man walks into a classroom full of college students and starts firing and the classroom full of students all pull out their guns and shoot back. Problem solved more quickly. We aren't going to get rid of guns, so take it the other way and see what happens.

Good luck at work tomorrow, Patrick. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.
I say we cyborg everyone and give them all a gun arm and a sword arm so we can all rock out.

shitting.gif

I agree but have to add, stiffer penalties for crimes related to weapons as well. Obviously there are some people who have no common sense. These people will be the ones that will shoot someone because they cheated on them (or they might shoot the person their SO cheated with) I don't know if crimes of passion are weighed the same as regular murder, but if it isn't, it should.

I agree with this.

I posted this on another board but thought people here may be interested in it. The first part quickly lays out my thoughts on martial arts as well. :D

:lol:, good points all, I particularly appreciate someone else who realizes that martial arts are for the most part a joke on the street. They're great for exercise and as a hobby, but have very little application in the real world.

Allow me to lay out the reality of CCW for those who care....

1) You should always have your permit with you if you are carrying (even if it doesn't happen to law in your state).

2) Guns are heavy. It doesn't matter if you get the tiniest, lightest, polymer/titanium featherweight revolver around, you will still have to get used to the weight of carrying it. There are numerous people who have a permit but don't carry actively because of this. It's the "it's a pain to carry so I'll just leave it home" train of thought.

3) You have to organize your wardrobe around carrying. Thicker, longer shirts and pants with an extra inch in the waistband suddenly become required attire. Yes, you can carry your gun at your ankle, but why? I mean really, why?

4) You have to pay close attention to how you stretch and move, what you stand on, how you bend over, how you get into your car, so on. Like the weight factor it takes some getting used to and takes quite a bit of active forethought at first.

5) If you are pulled over while carrying the absolute first thing you should do is hand the officer your CCW and explain to him that you are armed and tell him where the weapon is. Don't remove your gun from it's holster and show it to him, and as cheesy as it sounds don't make any quick or sudden movements. The last thing you want is A) The officer to run your record and find out you have a gun and didn't tell him about at first (which will piss him off) B) Make the officer uncomfortable in any way.

6) You should remove any sense of aggression from your personality, if you can't do that you shouldn't carry. When carrying a gun you should be the most polite person in the universe. Say "excuse me" if you bump into someone, and mind your Ps and Qs. You should also not allow yourself to over analyze people around you. If you see a bunch of gangbangers running their mouth in the mall allow them to do so as if you were not armed, period.

7) Do not allow your gun to give you a sense of power. Your gun does not make you powerful, at all. If you at any point believe that it does leave it at home in the safe.

Last edited:
good post but your points on martial arts are misinformed :p if such training was useless then explain the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program and why such training is required at basic

Hand-to-hand combat can certainly be effective and useful. It just depends on what form of martial arts one chooses.

Last edited:
I was told by a couple that carry that when pulled over you're supposed to indicate that you have a weapon, but not where it is. this is in Texas. laws may vary.

I was told by a couple that carry that when pulled over you're supposed to indicate that you have a weapon, but not where it is. this is in Texas. laws may vary.

I don't think it's law anywhere, I've always either been asked directly by the officer where it is (and I've of course answered truthfully) or I've told him from the outset.

Knyte is full of crap. Whenever I carry my Mossberg through the mall not only do I feel powerful, but people look at me as though I am.

Theyll ask you if you have one, then theyll ask you where it is. At that point its up to the officer if they wish to peacefully disarm you or not.At the end of the encounter they are required to return your firearm(s).

Theyll ask you if you have one, then theyll ask you where it is. At that point its up to the officer if they wish to peacefully disarm you or not.At the end of the encounter they are required to return your firearm(s).
"peacefully disarm"? What happened to "cold dead fingers"?