Drive Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there was nothing hateful in there and I have always shown my appreciation for insight like this, dont take my pissyness wrong. I got pissy cause I got accused of making a dumbass decision when I just asked a question about something I didnt know. :heart:

I am a bad saver cause i let myself, yup, I know. Its very hard for me to hang out at the house though, much easier when you have a SO. Then again women always cost money so thats not really an option either :p

That is what my brother always says when I ask him if he has a girlfriend yet. "No, they are too expensive."

Yet he will buy new shit for his computer all the time. Animepark, please tell Brad how many terabytes you have. :fly:

I don't see why there aren't financial courses in highschool. Teach a student how to be financially wise.

...or is this a ploy from the credit card companies?

That is what my brother always says when I ask him if he has a girlfriend yet. "No, they are too expensive."

Yet he will buy new shit for his computer all the time. Animepark, please tell Brad how many terabytes you have. :fly:

I figured the women would all be chasing after him with all those fancy dance moves he knows.

I don't see why there aren't financial courses in highschool. Teach a student how to be financially wise.

...or is this a ploy from the credit card companies?

I took one and yes it helped to some extent like having very little debt. I have 1 thing that is a semi large piece of debt but it was, in my situation, unavoidable.

I have 0 credit cards and maybe about 200 in debt elsewhere. Most of my problems stem from buying the wrong car and being stuck with it.

I just wish the class would have taught me how to stay home and watch movies...

nah, the Lightning game was fun last night :fly:

You can save and buy a house. Neat!

Its not realistic for everyone, but there is a story of a guy who made 60k a year out of college who lived on only 30k a year and saved the rest.

After eight years he could buy a 240k house cash. I admire that guy.

oh please :rolleyes:

:p

edit: the avg condo in NYC is now 1 mill...save, save, save!!! :D

Last edited:
Hey, all I am saying is that it is very possible.

No doubt. And people should strive to earn and save and buy things without credit. However there are plenty of people in the world that do great with credit and make themselves far richer by using credit to their advantage. Sure, it's a risk but many of them are calculated risks and when people are as smart with their credit as with their money they can increase their wealth far quicker than by simply saving.

To take the example of that dude you mentioned, what if he'd grown his credit rating so that instead of paying 240k in cash for that house he took out a mortgage at 6% and invested that money at 8%...well, you get the point.

No doubt. And people should strive to earn and save and buy things without credit. However there are plenty of people in the world that do great with credit and make themselves far richer by using credit to their advantage. Sure, it's a risk but many of them are calculated risks and when people are as smart with their credit as with their money they can increase their wealth far quicker than by simply saving.

To take the example of that dude you mentioned, what if he'd grown his credit rating so that instead of paying 240k in cash for that house he took out a mortgage at 6% and invested that money at 8%...well, you get the point.

I'm returning 9% so far this year and I'm no greenspan :lol:

I'm returning 9% so far this year and I'm no greenspan :lol:

There ya go. See, with wise investments and proper financial discipline one can use credit to become wealthier.

Sure, no one needs credit. But plenty of people want it and know how to use it. Don't blame them for the mistakes of those who fuck themselves over on credit.

There ya go. See, with wise investments and proper financial discipline one can use credit to become wealthier.

Sure, no one needs credit. But plenty of people want it and know how to use it. Don't blame them for the mistakes of those who fuck themselves over on credit.

wow! I just went and looked...pleasantly surprised
Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2007 to 10/10/2007 is 11.5%

anyway, yeah, fuck drivetime...bee, hit up your parents for a personal loan or an advance from your boss...2 best options imo

Back on topic.... I would not trust Drive Time.

:heart:

Cool, thanks for all of your help. I had not ever looked into this before so I didnt know dick all about it. It does sound like a good deal for people having problems such as mine but I am sure the contract rapes you. After researching further there is not much I can do besides pay off my old car which would get my credit under control or save. I am still highly pissed off at the bank so guess which route I will be taking? :D

out of curiosity, does your credit here affect your ability to get a loan in canuckistan?

do they use the same credit bureaus up there?

out of curiosity, does your credit here affect your ability to get a loan in canuckistan?

interesting idea...I think he would have to be able to prove residence there? not sure if he has a place he can show he gets mail sent to up there

wow! I just went and looked...pleasantly surprised
Personal Rate of Return from 01/01/2007 to 10/10/2007 is 11.5%

anyway, yeah, fuck drivetime...bee, hit up your parents for a personal loan or an advance from your boss...2 best options imo

true.

the rents have done so much for me that I couldnt even bare to ask them to cosign, let alone a loan. I am staying positive though cause the new promotions coming up and I am not in to bad of shape(driving wise :p). Plus the roomie lost his license so I am acting driver for the moment. It just makes me feel low personally not having a ride of my own. I bought my first car at 15, over paid for it to, dam family:D. I have never been without so it bothers me and kicks my self esteem down. Suck It UP! is the best advice so far :fly:

No. I was tempted to move and had much of the move lined up until I got this promotion recently. I would start fresh there with knowledge of my past fuck ups. As for getting a car in Canada, I would have 0 credit and be paying 15% sales tax so it cant be much better. Then again, I dont know much about this

Im not deleting 2+ pages off offtopic posts. The question was answered, they are shit.

toodles:heart:

edit: Feel free to start another saving thread. I'd love to help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.