-Download of the Day-

fly

omg
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
₥84,291
Steam
mattressfish
Got a USB key with 260MB of free space? Want to run Office, Firefox, IM client, and a shitload of other stuff off the USB key without installing anything?

www.portableapps.com

PortableApps Suite™ is a collection of portable apps including a web browser, email client, office suite, calendar/scheduler, instant messaging client, antivirus, sudoku game, backup utility and integrated menu, all preconfigured to work portably. Just drop it on your portable device and you're ready to go.

A portable app is a computer program that you can carry around with you on a portable device and use on any Windows computer. When your USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod or other portable device is plugged in, you have access to your software and personal data just as you would on your own PC. And when you unplug the device, none of your personal data is left behind.

No Special Hardware - Use any USB flash drive, portable hard drive, iPod/MP3 player, etc

No Additional Software - Just download the portable app, extract it and go

No Kidding - It's that easy

I :heart: mine. Carry school work, resume, this program thingy on it. Use it more than I thought I would.

It's on my keychain. :hs:

Yea, but I'm at home all day and only use my laptop, so no real need to be transferring info from place to place.

I've been running Portable Firefox off of my little 64 meg Microvault on work computers. I'm not supposed to install software on the one I used now, it was the same when I worked in office, and I very much prefer Firefox to IE. Five years or so, five days a week, sometimes six days out of seven, and it still works very well. :D

I don't have it on me now, so I can't measure. According to the Woot blog of the item, it is 1.92”w x 2.56”h x 0.51”d WT.- 1.55 oz.

A little more square, but still small and light.

Here's the woot image:
Matsunichi_8GB_USB_2.0_Portable_DriveXPW-detail.jpg

I don't have it on me now, so I can't measure. According to the Woot blog of the item, it is 1.92”w x 2.56”h x 0.51”d WT.- 1.55 oz.

A little more square, but still small and light.

Here's the woot image:
Matsunichi_8GB_USB_2.0_Portable_DriveXPW-detail.jpg

looks about twice the normal width...not bad considering the amount of storage

They apparently have a 12GB one in the same size, but the cost is much higher. Especially since it's not through woot.

Last edited: