dove natural beauty campaign

I'm trying to figure out how they are promoting natural beauty when they're showing you what they do to their own models in their own promotions. Isn't it a bit hypocritical?

To answer the question, the hottest girls need little to no make-up to be hot. If you can tell they're wearing it, its a no-go.

Notice who it was for. preteens and teenagers.

Remember in the mid 90s when it was cool to admit that we are shamelessly advertising this to get you to buy our product? Now its cool to say that what we are showing you is a lie. Sales increased in both cases.

There was a girl I knew quite well through a number of classes that I always found very attractive. I knew she wore makeup, hell my school is full of what most people would consider "fake" women and we're consistently at the top of Playboy's schools with the 'hottest women', but I never knew just how much makeup this girl used.

On one of my infamous freshman year allnighters I ran out of caffeine and walked to a nearby convinence store. While waiting in line I heard somone say "Hey!" I'ts not too common an occurance for someone to yell at me to get my attention, so I figured it was for someone else (many people in the store). Then I heard "Hey Dan," so I glance around and see no one I know. Finally she comes up to me and taps my arm, I look and it pretended to know who it was (we've all had those occasions where someone recognizes you from long ago but you have no idea who they are, so you play along) and I ask her how she's doing. She asked if I was studying the test we had the next day, and that's when it dawned on me.

At 2ft away, I couldn't even recognize her without her makeup. Now THAT is going too far.

There was a girl I knew quite well through a number of classes that I always found very attractive. I knew she wore makeup, hell my school is full of what most people would consider "fake" women and we're consistently at the top of Playboy's schools with the 'hottest women', but I never knew just how much makeup this girl used.

On one of my infamous freshman year allnighters I ran out of caffeine and walked to a nearby convinence store. While waiting in line I heard somone say "Hey!" I'ts not too common an occurance for someone to yell at me to get my attention, so I figured it was for someone else (many people in the store). Then I heard "Hey Dan," so I glance around and see no one I know. Finally she comes up to me and taps my arm, I look and it pretended to know who it was (we've all had those occasions where someone recognizes you from long ago but you have no idea who they are, so you play along) and I ask her how she's doing. She asked if I was studying the test we had the next day, and that's when it dawned on me.

At 2ft away, I couldn't even recognize her without her makeup. Now THAT is going too far.

so, did you hit it or not? I don't get this story.

I thought that was a pretty interesting film. It is amazing how different a person can look with make up and hair and such. I suppose that is why they are called "make- up artists"?

Of course feminists are ugly. They are not getting attention from other people and have correctly determined it is because they are not pretty, so they campaign that women's looks are decorations used for attraction for sexual, advertisement, or for some other motive. The reason why you don't have pretty feminists is because they do get attention already and can get any amount of attention they want (if they are pretty enough). The more attention one has, the stronger one is, and if the husband is abusive or something, the pretty one knows she can just leave and find something else because she can and will succeed in finding someone to give her attention.

This reminds me of the quote from American Psycho about how the only girls with good personalities are the ugly ones, because they need a personality to make up for how ugly they are.

The video was very interesting. A lot of people (specifically women) don't realize just how altered and skewed these images are. These literally impossible standards are everywhere, but instead of recognizing them for what they are (fake) we convince ourselves that is the standard of beauty.

This reminds me of the quote from American Psycho about how the only girls with good personalities are the ugly ones, because they need a personality to make up for how ugly they are.

The video was very interesting. A lot of people (specifically women) don't realize just how altered and skewed these images are. These literally impossible standards are everywhere, but instead of recognizing them for what they are (fake) we convince ourselves that is the standard of beauty.

what I don't get is why those impossible standards are even considered attractive. I don't like seeing heavy makeup or bones. supermodels are not attractive and just seeing actresses interviewed on talk shows makes me notice all the makeup they have on

Perhaps if girls didn't start caking on the revlon at 12 their skin wouldn't need as much covering up decades later. :p