Don't ever try to floss with a rubber band

zengirl

If I had a dollar might give ya 99
Oct 15, 2004
Marklar
₥100
Whats the craziest thing you've ever had to "make due" with? Creative innovations for simple things we take for granted but miss terribly when we are without?

I have flossed with:

A scrap of plastic trash bag
My wife's hair
A thread from my clothing

I have brushed my teeth with a washcloth

I have washed my hands with toothpaste (don't touch your eyes after this one)

itburnswhenipee said:
I have washed my hands with toothpaste (don't touch your eyes after this one)
That's right up there with getting touchy feely right after chopping up jalepenos for dinner.

zengirl said:
That's right up there with getting touchy feely right after chopping up jalepenos for dinner.

This happened to a prep cook at the restaurant I worked at in my youth. A new prep cook had just finished chopping jalepenos for the chili-- something like two or three cups worth-- and went to the bathroom without washing his hands. Needless to say he was squirming uncomfortably for much of the rest of his shift.

ah, the moment of ghetto. I've had a few of these...in fact I believe the very first thread I made on genmay was about the Moments of Ghetto

Super Bowl 00, helping a friend of mine prepare for the party when we hear a sickening noise from the fridge. Damn thing dies and we have cases of drinks and food to keep cold. It's a Sunday, no one's gonna come fix a fridge at this hour so we do the only thing we could think of (aside from just turning the AC real low but we sobered up and realized how stupid that was).

Went to walmart about bought about a dozen cheap styrofoam coolers, filled 'em with ice and tossed everything in there. People came over to find us surrounded by coolers....getting rid of all that melted water was a pain in the ass.

Another moment of ghetto...I'd been in my first apartment for about two weeks when a kid's baseball smashed through my window. No worries, I gave him back his ball but I didn't feel like driving to home depot and replacing a window at 7 in the evening...but it was going to rain. So I got rid of the shards then folded up a towel and duct taped it to the window frame. Stayed like that for three days before I bothered replacing it.

One morning I woke up extremly tired and stumbled into the bathroom to get ready for work. I caught myself after I put tooth paste on a razor and I was about to brush my teeth.

b_sinning said:
One morning I woke up extremly tired and stumbled into the bathroom to get ready for work. I caught myself after I put tooth paste on a razor and I was about to brush my teeth.

:lol:

zengirl said:

a few years ago I was making quesadillas with fresh habaneros and even washed my hands after chopping them up...rubbed my eye and OWWWWWWWWWEEEEEE :eek: