Dong advice

If there are ways to integrate him into our currant schedule, then it can work. Like Shawn said, all go on a walk.

So now to ideas on how to take care of the dogs needs by incorporating them into my day of things i'm already doing. What games can i play with the dog while doing dishes or eating lunch, etc.

Oh oh oh I have an idea that you are going to totally hate!

I saw it on animal planet on one of the few shows that don't make me cry.

So, you take a long leash wrap one end around your waiste and hook the dog to the other end. This was more to control potty accidents but it may work for destroying property.

I cant have a cat at my apartment(cause of the roomie) but we have this dog...

Cat -
Great Personality
Doesn't shit anywhere besides 1 small basket
clean litterbox by lifting a platic handle, done
No need to walk it
No need to go outside

Dog -
Great Personality(but very skiddish)
Shits all over house even after 20 walks
have to pick up large piles of poop
Walked every 20 minutes yesterday to stop from pooping on rugs
Normally poops bed b/c of dreams

Oh my cat is insane. I think its because I didn't let her know I was breaking up wtih her.

if you can't make any time for the dog, you shouldn't have one.

i think this is the lesson learned. and i think it would be more fair to the dog if they invested a lot of time into finding a person/family who could put more time and love into the dog. the kids need to be cared for before a dog, and then the husband and house, and then a dog. by that time, there's nothing much left to give. one woman can only do so much!
that or knyte can quit his job and stay home to help, and i don't really see how that would work. :fly:

ouch.. Jack Russell's very, very active dogs.

watch the dog whisperer on discovery, his tops are pretty good.. caesar milano is his name if you need to google or something.

sounds frustrating, we've been blessed with our little guy..

If there are ways to integrate him into our currant schedule, then it can work. Like Shawn said, all go on a walk.

So now to ideas on how to take care of the dogs needs by incorporating them into my day of things i'm already doing. What games can i play with the dog while doing dishes or eating lunch, etc.

The dog HAS to go on a walk. After that, if he still has energy (and a JRT will), get a treadmill and have him walk on it while you supervise and do dishes. Well, that's what Cesar would suggest anyway...

A good dog is a tired dog...

ouch.. Jack Russell's very, very active dogs.

watch the dog whisperer on discovery, his tops are pretty good.. caesar milano is his name if you need to google or something.

sounds frustrating, we've been blessed with our little guy..

I say that the dog whisperer is full of shit.

The dog HAS to go on a walk. After that, if he still has energy (and a JRT will), get a treadmill and have him walk on it while you supervise and do dishes. Well, that's what Cesar would suggest anyway...

A good dog is a tired dog...

So if I CAN'T guarantee this what does that leave me? I could maybe, MAYBE promise 3 walks a week.

So if I CAN'T guarantee this what does that leave me? I could maybe, MAYBE promise 3 walks a week.

You've got way to much on your hands and your kids are just to young to help. I would seriously look into a new home for it and rethink a dog in 5 or so years

I've seen those doggie gates that have a latch so you or the kids can open it easily and close it behind them. That may help keep the doggie downstairs.