Doggie treats

I've heard this as well. Unsure why...

We had a beagle that ate a pound bag of chocolate I was hiding under my bed after Christmas one year. She was fine, and was addicted to chocolate after that.

My inlaws dog has gotten into chocolate a couple times and is always insanely sick afterwards. I'm sure some dogs can tolerate it, but it's definitely not worth the risk of finding out.

My inlaws dog has gotten into chocolate a couple times and is always insanely sick afterwards. I'm sure some dogs can tolerate it, but it's definitely not worth the risk of finding out.

It ups their heart rate, since they're so small they can't handle the caffeine like we can.

OH girlfriend! We can do the dog park together <3

It is not set in stone yet but my roomie just told me that his buddy is moving and cannot keep his puppah. He was trying to sell him for like 2k bucks or some shit because it is a show dog. He ran out of time and now he has no choice but to give him away, wooooot. I can only guess how cool of a dog you get for 2k, lol. He better be able to open my beers!!!

Regarding a second dog though, I'm not sure I want a big dog in the house, it will be a small house and the last thing we need is one other large thing taking up space. Also, the second dog needs to be able to keep up with the first one I've got. A larger dog can do this due to the smaller puppy having to work 3 times as hard, but what happens when the bigger dog mellows out and doesn't want to play as much and Moxy is still a hyper Jack Russell? Any suggestions on breeds to look into in the medium range with a fair amount of energy?

Labs are fairly entergetic dogs their whole lives. They are big though, and their always wagging tails tend to usually be exactly table height and knock things over :lol:.

Wire Fox Terriers are good medium size dogs, that remain fairly active (like a JRT). They need ahircuts and grooming though, unless you just keep them shaved.

Schnauzers are also good medium size dogs that remain active, but they also need grooming to stay looking "nice".

Brittany Spaniels are excellent dogs. They are medium to large, and are a sporting dog .. they they will have plenty of energy. They are pretty too lol.

Shetland Sheepdog (shelties) are also good medium size dogs and are fairly entergetic. But they require a LOT of grooming, else they look rather pathetic.

Italian Greyhound are not always the cutest dogs, but they are excellent pets (I've had one .. I fostered it actually). They will run and romp outside, and come in and camp out on the couch with you.

Or you could always make Dharma happy and get a corgi :lol: .. they are entergetic little squirts.

I'm always finding people animals around here :lol: .. if it weren't for having to to put healthy puppies/kitties to sleep because no one wants them .. I'd prolly be a vet right now :(. I just couldn't handle that part, and I couldn't afford to bring them all home.

Low calorie treats that the dogs seem to like are Charlie Bears. They are just like little oyster crackers that are either garlic/liver flavored or cheese flavored. I think it's like 2 calories per cracker. They are dry and firm so they go well in your pocket. We use these with our dog and I think chewing them plus the activity they did to earn it burns more calories than the treat is worth.

best of all is that there are a bunch in a bag and they are pretty cheap.

Try 'em out:
51QNRFMC4ZL._AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Charlee-Bear-...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1178819456&sr=8-1

Many dog treats and prepared foods contain liver so it may surprise you to find liver on the bad foods list. In small amounts liver is good for your dog, but if the liver intake is too high it can cause nutritional problems because liver has a high content of vitamin A. Consumption of this vitamin in large amounts can lead to vitamin A toxicity, or hypervitaminosis A. If your dog eats raw liver or consumes three servings of cooked liver a week it could lead to bone problems. Feeding liver to a dog taking Vitimin A supplements can lead to an overdose of Vitamin A.

Symptoms of hypervitaminosis A are deformed bones, excessive bone growth on the elbows and spine, weight loss and anorexia. If left unchecked, hypervitaminosis A has in some cases caused death.

Yeah, but treats will not make up even a 2% portion of a dogs daily intake.

You shouldn't give your dog a lot of any dog treat. They have a lot of fat in them (most of them, especially the meat flavored ones).

So basically .. don't feed your dog just liver dog treats, and you'll be fine.

To train a puppy to not pee or poop in the house is quite simple. Their little bladders only hold so much, and poop moves through them fairly quickly too (small digestive track). They don't mean to do it, nor can they help that they do it. They are like babies .. their muscles have to develope to be able to "hold it".

I'm just a big fan of not making them get messy in the first place. I know I wouldn't want to lay in that all day myself (and I sure dont' want to touch them after they have) .. so I always made sure mine had emptied themselves before being locked up for the day.

brilliant! I never would of thought of walking my dog in the morning :lol:

:heart:

I recently saw this on Craig's List:

4mth Jack Russell/Min Pin mix female

I need to downsize on the amount of dog's that I have and would like to find Hope a good home.She love's children and other pet's.She is utd and not spayed.Hope now weighs about 6lbs and will probably only weigh 10 full grown.She is blk with brindle socks.Very pretty,very happy puppy.