Doggie treats

Huh? He doesn't strike fear into the dogs at all, what show were you watching? You have to be consistent with your pet, otherwise it will confuse the animal, thats what a responsible pet owner should do.
Yea, but most owners aren't consistent enough for his type of training .. not to the point he ays you should be. His method takes considerable effort on the owners part .. and it's something you have to do constantly. So training them under his method, would end up confusing the dog and owner imo (you know, some people just aren't all that bright).
And most people just aren't gonna take that kinda time and effort. A treat or exuberant words works almost everytime with almost no effort on the owners part to "control" their dog. Then when they don't do it .. they think they have a bad dog. When they don't. It's hard to train an owner .. so if you give the owner a method that works easily without having to retrain the owner themselves .. I think that works best for both parties involved.

His methods are right in line with how other dogs in the pack act. The way we conduct ourselves in the high-pitched voices and the constant treats as rewards is confusing to a dog and is not the proper way to have a dog follow the pack and live a happy life. It is like us visiting another country where we don't speak the language and peoples weird customs that we are not used to.

I haven't seen one where he trains a puppy. He does do a LOT of dogs that are very out of control. It is amazing what he can do when he steps into the room with the pet. He trains dogs on how to walk on leashes almost every episode, that is a method that works great on young dogs.
True, but what if what you are trying to say isn't coming through? A treat is recognizable to anyone .. so is praise.

The guy is on tv .. you don't get to see how many "takes" they had to do to get the dog to respond the way it does. They make it seem like he produces miracles. I dunno ... it all looks to "perfect" for me to just totally accept it. Re-training a dog doesn't take 45 minutes. I'm sorry, they make him out to be the god of dog training. And I just don't buy it.

He may be a great trainer, and I agree with some of his methods (on the unruly dogs) .. and I agree you need to be pack leader .. but what I think is most people aren't going to follow through with the type of training he preaches. I know how people are .. and they will do something for a while .. then they stop. And where does that leave the dog?

Don't you have adult dobermans?

Yep I just have one now though :( (my other 2 died over the last couple of years). All of them had extremely good manners and do what I tell them to when I tell them to (except my adult male .. he didn't like to stay in the yard (he liked to go explore). So I had to keep him on leash when he wasn't in his pen. Although, I never really tried to correct it. It wasn't a big deal to just keep him on lead.

I've also raised 7 other litters. I used the same method for all of them and all of them were trained within 3 weeks (leash, basic commands, and house trianing). I sent each of my pups into their new homes well mannered little pups. That is the #1 reason most dogs are "bad" .. bad breeders who send them into homes completely untrained. Most owners don't do research before bringing that wiggly little bundle of joy home.

I used a combo. I started off with treats coupled with pets to get their attention. Then progressed to pets only so they didn't always expect a treat. Then moved to pets with praise words. I ended with just using praise words, so I don't constantly have to bend down to pet her if I don't want to (like if we are in line at the pet store and I am trying to pay).

With pets and praise only I trained my dad's boss's dog (a 4 yr wire fox terrier) to sit and stay in less than an hour. The lady told me before she started that the dog just "would not mind".

Positive reinforecement works best imo. I'll always believe that.