Doggie treats

kiwi

Messin’ with Sasquatch
Apr 22, 2005
Summer
Marklar
₥15,728
For those that know lots about puppies, what kind of treats do you feed your dogs that they can't resist? I'm in the process of training Moxy, but have a very hard time keeping his attention very long (more then 30 seconds) and I want to vary the treats I feed him througout the day, so I need more ideas. The book I'm using to teach me how to train him suggests hot dogs, kitty treats (my dog loves cat food, so I'll be trying that one today), fig newtons, peanut butter, chedder cheese, fried chicken (plus others). I definitely don't want him to get fat, so I'd like to stay on the healthier side, but need things he can't resist, so...

What do your dogs love to eat?

For those that know lots about puppies, what kind of treats do you feed your dogs that they can't resist? I'm in the process of training Moxy, but have a very hard time keeping his attention very long (more then 30 seconds) and I want to vary the treats I feed him througout the day, so I need more ideas. The book I'm using to teach me how to train him suggests hot dogs, kitty treats (my dog loves cat food, so I'll be trying that one today), fig newtons, peanut butter, chedder cheese, fried chicken (plus others). I definitely don't want him to get fat, so I'd like to stay on the healthier side, but need things he can't resist, so...

What do your dogs love to eat?

My pupsicle likes this http://www.omhpet.com/omh/products_old_fashioned_biscuits_assorted.html. He also LOVES cheese, which is good to sneak medicine to him. But then again, he likes to eat string, lick his butt, and eat kitty crunchies (if you know what I mean).

bacon n cheesers. can't remember the company that makes them, but they're soft so my really old dog can gum them down.

I'll let you know when we get one. :)

Oh speaking of here are some pics for today:

6J2CfuJHNYySMWAUk9p6AqwwmanN.jpg

XU19PtQiYlRc4a3HcnHFwRVm8OBD.jpg

42FQXMWcbnGOeD5eTalkEt73qAq1.jpg

beagle.jpg

I'll let you know when we get one. :)

After you do get a puppy, I've got "The Power of Positive Dog Training" and really like the way it's layed out. She has it split into a 6 week course (my dog will probably take a little longer due to the ADD) and really describes in detail how to teach each behavior and such. I'll let you know how I feel about it in another month (I've only had it a week), but so far I love it.

One of the best things I caught onto when raising an ex's dog was to slowly start taking treats out of the equation. Constantly giving them treats seems to make them lazier IMO.

One of the best things I caught onto when raising an ex's dog was to slowly start taking treats out of the equation. Constantly giving them treats seems to make them lazier IMO.

I'll follow my books advice and worry about that after he's pretty consistent. I also don't think my dog knows how to be lazy (or ever could be).

After you do get a puppy, I've got "The Power of Positive Dog Training" and really like the way it's layed out. She has it split into a 6 week course (my dog will probably take a little longer due to the ADD) and really describes in detail how to teach each behavior and such. I'll let you know how I feel about it in another month (I've only had it a week), but so far I love it.

Ooh yes please let me know. =) We're probably going to get an older dog. :hs: