Doggie Help needed

JJ Lady

Flaccid Member
Oct 26, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥0
So We trained Rosie to go on puppy pads when she was little. We both worked late and we didn't think it was fair that she had to hold it. When we got Misha we also trained her to do the same. When they are both out of the puppy stage we broke them of the puppy pads and they held it all day until we got home to let them out. They did well for about 6 so months but now everyday when we come home someone has peed on the floor. We keep them in the kicthen and breakfast nook area when we are gone so its not ruining anything, but it is annoying as hell to come home and clean it up. I don't know what has triggered this bad behavior, who is doing it or why they are doing it. I've pointed and said bad, then today I went and got each one, showed it to them, said no and bad, but I don't think that any of it is helping. If I could catch one of them doing it I would spank them (which I have ever done before BTW, just to let you know how bad of a problem this has become) but they never do it while we are here. I don't think that they would be acting out because we are not home, but who knows. Does anyone have any insite or ideas on how I can get them to stop? Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

We found using a carpet protector upside down (spikey side up) helps. Put it down in the area where they are peeing and they won't be able to walk over to it. You can buy it by the yard at Home Depot. Then you can bring it with you whenever you visit us to help discourage Rosie from marking. :D

Also, try changing their routine. Try putting them in a bathroom instead for awhile.

Pandora said:
We found using a carpet protector upside down (spikey side up) helps. Put it down in the area where they are peeing and they won't be able to walk over to it. You can buy it by the yard at Home Depot. Then you can bring it with you whenever you visit us to help discourage Rosie from marking. :D

Also, try changing their routine. Try putting them in a bathroom instead for awhile.
I will have to try the carpet protector. Thanks :)

Buy those rubber mats with the holes in them like they use on the floor behind bars. That way you really only have to clean up the pee like once every week and a half.

Don't even worry about it. Since the pups are going to hang out here at ERage's house while you are at the meat I'll see to it that they are schooled on this subject. I'll have those little dogs using the toilet and flushing after they are done by the time you get back. They'll even put the seat down. :D

Be careful with the whole isolation thing. We put B in our bedroom in the old house and he ate the fucking molding off of the bedroom door jamb and scratched the hell out of the door. I had to actually go get new molding (which I fucked up...another story for the weekend you come down) and redo and paint everything.

Read up on crating - if you decide to do so make sure you don't utilize it with any negative stigma.

Pandora said:
you just have to teach them that is their den/'bedroom'. my dogs love their crate, and will sleep in it even when it's open and they have the run of the house.

Same here, our dog loves the crate as long as the door stays open on it, he gets sad if we shut and lock the door. If we dont have a crate or bed for him to lay in/on, then he just goes in the closet.

Pandora said:
you just have to teach them that is their den/'bedroom'. my dogs love their crate, and will sleep in it even when it's open and they have the run of the house.
I know that they probably don't care that you're putting them in a cage, but I have a hard time dealing with it.