Does MLK Day mean anything to you?

how about making movies? they are just as superfluous as are all creature comforts/forms of entertainment

I can see some intellectual merit in movies, most movies anyhow. I wouldn't really say movies are as useless as fireworks. Fireworks in my mind have no purpose, no use and no merit what-so-ever. Disagree if you like, it's just my opinion that they're very wasteful :)

And are those wind turbines lashed together from renewable materials?

How were they transported on site, by pack mules?

I have no idea, I do know that they can be if you really wanted to try. I have friends who make turbines from scratch using recycled materials. I also know some turbine engineers. At least using that form of energy is a step in the right direction.

And I doubt it very much, they were probably transported using dirty cars using dirty petrol, but like I said, it's a step in the right direction. I don't think many people are ready for a complete green revolution :p

:lol: I'm not trying to guilt trip, I just think a little thought would be nice from the majority of society. It would make for a much friendlier and nicer place to be. :heart:

And it's not fireworks, it's waste that I dislike. :)

Edit: And it's Carys for future reference.

Crowded??? You're talking to somebody who lives in a tiny little island with a population of 60million people. We have 100s of houses all in a line, with no spaces in between, and the houses are no more than 20-30 feet wide. And you're telling me it's too crowded??

And just to be cheesy, it doesn't cost anything (and that includes non-renewable energy) to smile or be nice. ;)

I wouldn't term Britain crowded to be honest. Being from quite a large city I have to say unless I know that there's around 10 people within screaming range I'm not comfortable. I'd be too scared to live in anywhere more remote. Plus considering how small the country is, there's a helluva lot of unused and green land. :)

:lol: I'm not trying to guilt trip, I just think a little thought would be nice from the majority of society. It would make for a much friendlier and nicer place to be. :heart:

And it's not fireworks, it's waste that I dislike. :)

Edit: And it's Carys for future reference.

Fireworks-01-june.gif
Fireworks-02-june.gif
Fireworks-03-june.gif

My internal logic is....'if nobody can hear you scream, you're more likely to be raped'

I watched too many scary movies as a kid :lol:

Which is a good reason for MLK day. It brings remembrance to all the Black people who were the first to die in all those scary movies.

We got over woman sufferage; where is our holiday for that?

I really don't care. It's about reflecting on what used to be and that is negative. Let's forget it and look to what needs to be conquered next.

We got over woman sufferage; where is our holiday for that?

I really don't care. It's about reflecting on what used to be and that is negative. Let's forget it and look to what needs to be conquered next.

We all suffer as a result of woman's suffrage every single day, don't need a holiday.