Does anyone here run MythTV?

I have a co-worker that has used myth for a few years. He swears by it. He is also awesome at linux so it was nothing for him to set it up. He's built a few different boxes over the past few years as the software has grown.

I had an issue this weekend moving my Asuz A8N-E to a new case (grounding screw in a bad place) So at the moment I'm running a 2800+ with a 9600XT all in wonder. Surprising its handling HD at 1280x1024 like a champ. I haven't tried playing a HD x264 file to see if thats doable, but I was really surprised over that. A year or two ago I tried similar with a 9600 pro and it sucked ass.

I had an issue this weekend moving my Asuz A8N-E to a new case (grounding screw in a bad place) So at the moment I'm running a 2800+ with a 9600XT all in wonder. Surprising its handling HD at 1280x1024 like a champ. I haven't tried playing a HD x264 file to see if thats doable, but I was really surprised over that. A year or two ago I tried similar with a 9600 pro and it sucked ass.

I have a similar deal with one of my SageTV Clients. It's an Athlon XP 2500+ with a Radeon 9200. Somehow it plays back HD in 1080i and 720p on the 17" screen it's paired up with that runs at 1280x1024, scales it right and everything, no hiccups or anything either.

I have no idea how it's able to do this. :confused: Technically it's a piece of shit.

Okay, I should have really known this to start with, but this was a waste for me. I understand the technical limitations now, but myth or any tv card cant beat the dual hd tuner STB I get from Verizon for $6 a month.

I guess on the plus side, I can probably install the card in my main rig to watch TV in the office. Oh well. :(

I looked in the mail yesterday, and the card wasn't in there. wtf? you suck.