Ontopic Does anyone here give a flip about star signs?

I do not believe in star signs at all. I know what I am, but I don't have any idea what the rest of my family are. I would have to look it up.

Here it is

340x_screwed.jpg

340x_underwatercoffin.jpg

The idea that anyones personality can be affected by the positions of planets and burning gas balls thousands of light years away makes about as much sense as the jewish zombie thing or claiming that the world is flat. Any correlation is sheer coincidence.

No, you just notice it more because you've been brought up to believe that full moons affect crime. Any statistcal correleration is now shown because people are intentionally committing more crimes during those times.

The moon has some minor effects on people but its not significant. The moon is also a quarter of a million miles away. The gravity of other planets has zero effect on us. Other stars? Not a frakking chance.

No, you just notice it more because you've been brought up to believe that full moons affect crime. Any statistcal correleration is now shown because people are intentionally committing more crimes during those times.

The moon has some minor effects on people but its not significant. The moon is also a quarter of a million miles away. The gravity of other planets has zero effect on us. Other stars? Not a frakking chance.

Actually I wasn't brought up to think of anything of the sort, it was an observation I made on my own through wondering why at certain times of the month when I was in town everyone was 50% more violent than normal. It always seemed to work around the full mood. *shrug*

I didn't mean brought up by your parent, I meant its been ingrained into your mind because its a prevailing theme in various forms of literature, especially in entertainment media. You've seen movies and tv shows where the wolfman chnages on a full moon or similar stories.

You would be hard pressed to prove that 50% figure with any empirical evidence. Its confirmation bias at its best. It happens to everyone, though.