Does anybody on here drink whiskey?

I only drink single malts. The Macallan, Lagavulin, Ardbeg, and Talisker are good. I also like Glenfiddich Special Reserve and Aberlour.

It would be interesting to see what's in that bottle and what it tastes like (I ain't trying it), but of course the age of scotch comes before it's bottled, not after it's been behind a wall for a couple hundred years.

Sarcasmo said:
It would be interesting to see what's in that bottle and what it tastes like (I ain't trying it), but of course the age of scotch comes before it's bottled, not after it's been behind a wall for a couple hundred years.
True, but 18xx bottlings still fetch a pretty penny to collectors, I recall one opened bottle of Laphroaig bottled in the 1890's that was going for several thousand pounds.

I had a big glass of Glenfiddich 30yo last night :drool:

ChikkenNoodul said:
True, but 18xx bottlings still fetch a pretty penny to collectors, I recall one opened bottle of Laphroaig bottled in the 1890's that was going for several thousand pounds.

I had a big glass of Glenfiddich 30yo last night :drool:
There is a wine from the 1880's in my kitchen wine rack. Forget where my father got it though.

Galen said:
There is a wine from the 1880's in my kitchen wine rack. Forget where my father got it though.

I don't suppose anyone happened to catch that show on the Discovery Channel some time ago about the shipwreck where they found intact casks of wine dating back to the 1700s... They said that because of the nature of wine and the conditions on the ocean floor it was still fully drinkable. Talk about interesting. But again, I aint' trying it.

edit: I think they were ceramic jugs, actually. Not casks.

Sarcasmo said:
I don't suppose anyone happened to catch that show on the Discovery Channel some time ago about the shipwreck where they found intact casks of wine dating back to the 1700s... They said that because of the nature of wine and the conditions on the ocean floor it was still fully drinkable. Talk about interesting. But again, I aint' trying it.

edit: I think they were ceramic jugs, actually. Not casks.

yeah I dont think Id be drinking any 300 year old hooch some twat found at the bottom of the sea.

I had a few drams of Highland Park 18 y.o. last evening, it was lovely. I'd try that bottle, but it's most likely pretty nasty...

fartslinger said:
I had a few drams of Highland Park 18 y.o. last evening, it was lovely. I'd try that bottle, but it's most likely pretty nasty...
I had some Highland Park 12 y.o. last night. :drool:

I see that you have the 18 y.o. *shakes fist*