Doctors of UF, a question.

I

I Robert I

Here's a weird thing that happened to me today. I had been working hard, lifting heavy stuff and generally exhausting myself. All of a sudden I started to see black blotches/shadows flicker in my eyes when I blinked. Didn't think much about it as it seemed to go away rather quickly. A few minutes later it felt like my foot and half my leg had fallen asleep, didn't think much about that either. But then I started to feel it in my lips, and pinkyfingers. Then it quickly spread to my arms and my whole face. I was also slightly light headed. It went away with some rest and plenty to drink.

What the hell was that all about?

poor blood circulation/oxygen not getting through the bloodstream well. If it happens again, I'd definitely go see a doctor even if you feel fine.

did you forget to breathe for a few minutes?
stroke?

I really have no idea...were you sweating a lot? dehydration?

Coqui said:
poor blood circulation/oxygen not getting through the bloodstream well. If it happens again, I'd definitely go see a doctor even if you feel fine.
could be, but I would have said dehydration

also you can get tingling in your fingers from lack of protein, no?

I was sweating like a pig so dehydration sounds like a good candidate. I always seem to drink too little.

I Robert I said:
I was sweating like a pig so dehydration sounds like a good candidate. I always seem to drink too little.
Yeah you were probably just seriously dehydrated, which CAN cause all sorts of fun experiences that closely resemble a heat stroke and poor circulation

elpmis said:
Yeah you were probably just seriously dehydrated, which CAN cause all sorts of fun experiences that closely resemble a heat stroke and poor circulation

Heat stroke sucks because once you have it, you're more susceptible to it in the future. :(