Dock with me!

fly said:
Is there anything special about Google's shit, other than I HAVE to have a gmail account, which I refuse to have?
It's not blocked on any router I've encountered so far, unlike MSN, AIM, Yahoo, etc.

fly said:
Is there anything special about Google's shit, other than I HAVE to have a gmail account, which I refuse to have?
10mb attachment limit.

Wha tis the point of having a 1 gig account with a 10 meg limit on attachments? I wasnt to attach 800mb files at least :(

theacoustician said:
It's not blocked on any router I've encountered so far, unlike MSN, AIM, Yahoo, etc.
I bet my work blocks it. They have this ghey ass IMlogic server that shuts all that shit down. Thank God I'm in IT. :lol:

fly said:

I wonder:

Why do you refuse to have a gmail account? If nothing else, it's a handy place to keep files. If you have privacy concerns you can always bugger up the file extension so whatever script they have inspecting your stuff won't know what to do with it.

fly said:
I bet my work blocks it. They have this ghey ass IMlogic server that shuts all that shit down. Thank God I'm in IT. :lol:

Sounds like us. We run our own jabber servers becuaase idiots were iming tons of stuff they shouldn't and I push out some reg settings to break everyones AIm except us in IT that use it to talk to friends.

Do you ever screw with the people that use aim on their cell phones? Keep IM them with things like "opps sorry wrong person" just to keep their cell annoying them.

itburnswhenipee said:
I wonder:

Why do you refuse to have a gmail account? If nothing else, it's a handy place to keep files. If you have privacy concerns you can always bugger up the file extension so whatever script they have inspecting your stuff won't know what to do with it.
i don't have one because everyone does. Besides, I can have the same email limit with my donkeypunchatuselessforums.com email addy.

b_sinning said:
Sounds like us. We run our own jabber servers becuaase idiots were iming tons of stuff they shouldn't and I push out some reg settings to break everyones AIm except us in IT that use it to talk to friends.
Ours is just a logging server of sorts. It allows users to register their IM with the server, then if the manager approves it, they can get out.

I use HTTHost to get around all that shit. And I encrypt it too. :fly: