Dock with me!

fly said:
preps and jocks were the same at your school?

For the most part, absolutely. Many got a taste of 'adult life' independence (that pre-college b.s. that means nothing but makes kids think they're all grown up now...like daddy buying them a car and whatnot) and switched over to ropers, but somehow managed to hold onto their preppiness. It was all very confusing. Ropers are preppy idiots who try to dress like cowboys, despite never having ridden a horse or broken in a pair of boots or a hat before. It supposed to make them appear gritty and edgy, like they can handle the toughness of teen angst because they rope steer or something. Beats the shit out of me.

God high school is pathetic. Kids at that age are so...meaningless. Nothing has a definition, no one knows who anyone else is, and everyone strives to be something that is completely irrelevant for no reason whatsoever.

As you can see, I was a big fan of cliquey, hormonal groups of directionless kids. :fly:

Sarcasmo said:
God high school is pathetic. Kids at that age are so...meaningless. Nothing has a definition, no one knows who anyone else is, and everyone strives to be something that is completely irrelevant for no reason whatsoever.

As you can see, I was a big fan of cliquey, hormonal groups of directionless kids. :fly:

I don't entirely see why this doesn't describe all of life.

taeric said:
I don't entirely see why this doesn't describe all of life.

Somehow your brief but potent insight escaped me while I was typing that. :fly: You are absolutely right.

Sarcasmo said:
Somehow your brief but potent insight escaped me while I was typing that. :fly: You are absolutely right.

I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything. I have just found that much of the meaning that is added to life is simply that. Added.

Not that this is bad. So long as one is willing to stick with what they have added, then it continues to be meaningful for them. Though, I am reminded of the quote "I'm beginning to have doubts about your devotion to Sparkle Motion." It isn't just kids that have issues. And, barring religion, I'm forced to believe that there really is no over riding meaning.

theacoustician said:
I think most people eventually loose the hormonal aspect.

Only in the sense that they pass puberty. They still chase women (or men) and there is just as much plotting by the same people. The only real difference to me is that it is easier to be with people you like as you get older. (And... more importantly, avoid the people you don't like.)

taeric said:
I wasn't trying to be an ass or anything. I have just found that much of the meaning that is added to life is simply that. Added.

Not that this is bad. So long as one is willing to stick with what they have added, then it continues to be meaningful for them. Though, I am reminded of the quote "I'm beginning to have doubts about your devotion to Sparkle Motion." It isn't just kids that have issues. And, barring religion, I'm forced to believe that there really is no over riding meaning.

I know you weren't trying to be an ass, I just thought it was funny that I didn't consider that when I was typing it.

Sarcasmo said:
I know you weren't trying to be an ass, I just thought it was funny that I didn't consider that when I was typing it.

Cool. I am glad I got to reference Sparkle Motion, though. :)

Sarcasmo said:
I would've heard from the people I went to high school with, but I wasn't invited to the 10-year high school reunion this year. Fgts. :(

now that you mention it, i wasn't invited to mine this year either. fgts

mine is in my profile also, but i'm usually only on when i'm at work.

Bubbles said:
April made me sign up for AIM a few months ago cause she was tired of holding conversations through the PMs. April is still the only person I have on my list or have ever talked to on there, so I generally only sign on if I want to talk to April. :fly:

I can't sign on from work, and I can't remember my screen name, so I'll let you know later.

The oldest friend I have is a girl I've known for about 3 or 4 years, and we hardly ever talk. I didn't have many friends in high school and didn't care to stay in touch with the few I did have.

I have it if you want it.