Do you work more than 40 hours a week?

why_ask_why said:
don't worry babe...I'm a slut so there's plenty for you too :cool:
well, now that baloney is gone I have a void in my life which needs to be filled

I was scorned for not operating under constant "crunch" time schedules at my last job. New one started today, we'll see how they are. Hopefully they have their crap together.

(Oddly, I got a call from another recruiting firm today..... I'm not registered on any sites that I know of)

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Thats what I've been telling people :D

*takes a swig from hip flask* :shifty:

this is fine for now, but when you have kids, make sure you hide it in a regular-looking cup. just don't put it in a sippy and then forget which color's yours. :fly:

I read most of the posts at the beginning but not all.

I work a day job 7:30 - 4:30 - DBA salaried position = 40 hours usually weekends too if I'm involved on a big project or user clean up crap (argh!@)

Then my night job 5 - 7 pm - ERP software support from home. It's kinda fun dialing into companies databases :) . This is an hourly contract position. Only 9 hours solid now - use to be great money when I could bill 20+ hours a week.

Had both jobs for 3 years now and starting to get burned out of the night job.

i avoid overtime like the avian flu. i work it when necesarry but am not happy about it. it's funny, at the place i am working they laugh cause the new guy doesn't want to work OT, ask me everyday 3:30? YUP then they crack up. i could work 12 hour days 7 days a week if i wanted, some people do. 1.5x for anything over 8 hours a day, 1.5x for saturday and 2x for sunday. i cant be bothered, the money isnt as important as my time.

thrawn said:
i avoid overtime like the avian flu. i work it when necesarry but am not happy about it. it's funny, at the place i am working they laugh cause the new guy doesn't want to work OT, ask me everyday 3:30? YUP then they crack up. i could work 12 hour days 7 days a week if i wanted, some people do. 1.5x for anything over 8 hours a day, 1.5x for saturday and 2x for sunday. i cant be bothered, the money isnt as important as my time.

There are a few people at work that work over 60 hours a week - salary - and have the nerve to complain. No one 'makes' them work that much at this company - basically they are just trying to impress the CIO. Screw that no job is secure anymore why kill yourself :rolleyes:

Nope, overtime is 1.5x over 45 hours and there is none for holidays so it's just not worth it.

itburnswhenipee said:
That's how some companies do OT for salaried employees. I worked under that same arrangement till earlier this year.
pogosuzy only got straight time for over 45 hours earlier this year when corporate ok'd overtime. now he has to do overtime, but he's not getting paid extra:(