Do you want this woman building your home?

Bubbles said:
They don't like me anymore because I moved out and removed most of their power. :(

I hope you've started looking for a new job. And I mean seriously looking. You need to start thinking career.

Bubbles said:
I'm so stressed out right now. No, I haven't really started looking for a change at all.

You're stressed now? Wait until you find yourself in a new apartment with no job. START LOOKING.

Lord Flaccid said:
You're stressed now? Wait until you find yourself in a new apartment with no job. START LOOKING.

Well, I just moved out, I can barely cover my bills, I have no car insurance, it seems that my job is going to shit even thoguh I don't have a definate answer yet, and last night I walked out on the closest thing I had to a real relationship. I'm stressed.

Sorry for the tirade. I think I'm going to try a staffing agency.

Bubbles said:
Well, I just moved out, I can barely cover my bills, I have no car insurance, it seems that my job is going to shit even thoguh I don't have a definate answer yet, and last night I walked out on the closest thing I had to a real relationship. I'm stressed.

Sorry for the tirade. I think I'm going to try a staffing agency.

Trust me, I understand. But stressed or not, you have to prepare. Staffing agencies and cold calling anyone and everyone should net you a job within days. It has never failed me.

Lord Flaccid said:
Trust me, I understand. But stressed or not, you have to prepare. Staffing agencies and cold calling anyone and everyone should net you a job within days. It has never failed me.

I know you think cold calling is the way to go, but I really don't see myself pulling that off. Plus, I'm pretty far away from the business district in Tampa, roughly an hour and a half depending on traffic.

Bubbles said:
I know you think cold calling is the way to go, but I really don't see myself pulling that off. Plus, I'm pretty far away from the business district in Tampa, roughly an hour and a half depending on traffic.

What do you mean? You pick up the phone, call someone, and say "Hello, I'm calling to inquire about what job openings, if any, your company currently has." Then they either laugh at you and call you names before hanging up, or transfer you to someone with a list of job openings. And the first one has never happened to me. Maybe you could go chuck boxes at UPS. I hear they pay well. Or go work for the post office.

How far in miles are you from Tampa?

Lord Flaccid said:
How far in miles are you from Tampa?

map.gif

This is as close as I could get. It' is from my house to the intersection of Dale Mabry and Kennedy, where Fly's office building is. He's in the general area of downtown I guess.

Bubbles - there are jobs in Pinellas county can't you look there? Find a mid size company and do administration type work?

You need to Network - meaning talk to friends who can talk to friends to help find a position for you. Does Pete and Debbi have any business owner friends you can get in contact with?

gottoys? said:
Bubbles - there are jobs in Pinellas county can't you look there? Find a mid size company and do administration type work?

You need to Network - meaning talk to friends who can talk to friends to help find a position for you. Does Pete and Debbi have any business owner friends you can get in contact with?

I just keep waiting for Pete to fire Shrek :fly:

Bubbles said:
map.gif

This is as close as I could get. It' is from my house to the intersection of Dale Mabry and Kennedy, where Fly's office building is. He's in the general area of downtown I guess.

You guys must have some shitty traffic. You are as far from downtown Tampa as I am from downtown Dallas where I work. Takes me about 25-35 minutes depending.

Lord Flaccid said:
You guys must have some sh*tty traffic. You are as far from downtown Tampa as I am from downtown Dallas where I work. Takes me about 25-35 minutes depending.

wow it only takes you 25-35 minutes to get downtown - I thought it took longer. It takes me close to 30 just to get to Farmers Branch off 35.

Pinellas\Tampa traffic is horrible.

ChikkenNoodul said:
sh*t, it takes me almost 30 minutes to go 6 miles in the morning. I know people who live ~17 miles away that have commutes over an hour.

Give me names - I am on a campaign 'to work from home' and I need signers.

It makes perfect sense - no traffic or gas issues.

gottoys? said:
wow it only takes you 25-35 minutes to get downtown - I thought it took longer. It takes me close to 30 just to get to Farmers Branch off 35.

Pinellas\Tampa traffic is horrible.

North I-35 sucks. I take 114 to 35 and into downtown and it's a breeze unless there's an accident.