do you turn off your computer at night?

why_ask_why said:
the only good thing I can say on their behalf is at least they didn't take any of the other hardware with them when they went
I've not ever had a power supply take other stuff with it when they go. Is it common for them to destroy hardware when they fail?

CletusJones said:
I've not ever had a power supply take other stuff with it when they go. Is it common for them to destroy hardware when they fail?

I've heard of it happening

When I'm at home it gets left on all the time, simply restarted every once in a while. But my computer is a laptop, so it gets turned off regularly to go places with me.

why_ask_why said:
the only good thing I can say on their behalf is at least they didn't take any of the other hardware with them when they went

yeah mine seemed to die gracefully. i always though of the true power series as The Bollocks, then enermax then all the other crap

i expected more than 2 years constant use though ...

I leave my computer on all the time. Unfortunately my little brothers think leaving me logged on uses up TONNES OF RESOURCES so they uplug it every morning :rolleyes:

The comp laptop gets turned off every night. My home PC gets turned off everynight - that's what forces me to get off of it. Plus the fact that it's in my bedroom and the noise of the harddrive drives me up the wall when trying to get to sleep.

If I use the wireless the PC stays off but If I hardwire to the wireless router then the dam thing automatically turns on after 2 minutes. The second shutdown works. I need to find the setting to stop this. Any one have a clue??

FlamingGlory said:
I leave my computer on all the time. Unfortunately my little brothers think leaving me logged on uses up TONNES OF RESOURCES so they uplug it every morning :rolleyes:

I think they are just trying to piss you off :)

Mine are in my home office at the other in the house away from all bedrooms so the noise of them being on never bothers anyone. They never ever stop downloading. I leave me work pcs on becuase I have them doing different tasks at night. Auto discovery of printers, network scans etc.

Yep. but they are both pretty quiet however. it sounds like a small deskfan running (under 30db) Well, I turn one off now because I got a X700 in the htpc and its stock cooler sounds like a train. Im sticking a silencer on it this weekend.

FlamingGlory said:

My dad used to get upset about it, mostly because I never kept the case on it (I was overclocking a Cyrix back then) so he thought it was a firehazard.

gottoys? said:
Whatca downloading?

Tons of various. Music that I own the cds for, Movies that I own the tapes for, software, and just about every cartoon of my childhood, and tons of comic. I'd raise my son up on the same stuff I grew up on.