do you turn off your computer at night?

rofl thats brilliant !!11 :D

the noises reminded me of my command and conquer days... i'm sure the tesla coil 'zap' was in there

distortedmind said:
rofl thats brilliant !!11 :D

the noises reminded me of my command and conquer days... i'm sure the tesla coil 'zap' was in there

yup, that was tesla coil all the way :cool:

I never turn my comps off either

my server is always on, except for a couple of nights ago when i woke up to a dead computer :( turns out my antec 550 psu had died

im now running a duallie mp with 5 hdd from an ancient no name 300w :eek: :D

distortedmind said:
my server is always on, except for a couple of nights ago when i woke up to a dead computer :( turns out my antec 550 psu had died

im now running a duallie mp with 5 hdd from an ancient no name 300w :eek: :D

I gave up on antec years ago...they always crap out

why_ask_why said:
I gave up on antec years ago...they always crap out
I've used them for years without problems. The one in my workstation is an antec true power series, it's been running for just under 3 years now without problems. (I leave it on almost 24/7)

My server runs and runs and runs. I think my uptime is around 200 days. It would be longer but I had a power failure and had to compile a new kernel.

CletusJones said:
I've used them for years without problems. The one in my workstation is an antec true power series, it's been running for just under 3 years now without problems. (I leave it on almost 24/7)

My server runs and runs and runs. I think my uptime is around 200 days. It would be longer but I had a power failure and had to compile a new kernel.

I've had 3 die about 2-3 years into service and have sworn them off

Turning off my PC at night would force to me lose valuable download time of completely legitimate files.

:shifty: x 10

why_ask_why said:
I've had 3 die about 2-3 years into service and have sworn them off
interesting. If the one in my workstation dies I'll be dissapointed for sure. My server has a thermaltake psu in it.

CletusJones said:
interesting. If the one in my workstation dies I'll be dissapointed for sure. My server has a thermaltake psu in it.

the only good thing I can say on their behalf is at least they didn't take any of the other hardware with them when they went

I only have my PC on overnight if I am.. "purchasing" items off the internet.
Quite spooky at night with it off as the room can be eerily silent... and sometimes I hear whispers :(