Thread Do you science?

11 out of 13. i missed the fracking one and the one where nitrogen (not hydrogen) was the correct one. i could've sworn it was hydrogen back in my day. oh well.

those were pretty easy, though. and now i know what fracking is!

11 out of 13. i missed the fracking one and the one where nitrogen (not hydrogen) was the correct one. i could've sworn it was hydrogen back in my day. oh well.

those were pretty easy, though. and now i know what fracking is!

we would have rather explod-ey type problems every time we lit a match if it was hydrogen, like the whole atmosphere would ignite.

thatd be awesome.

Same with oxygen. We'd all be dead and on fire.

Disagree, o2 is an oxidizer. You still need a combustant. Lets say o2 took the place of nitrogen in the atmosphere (78%). And that nitrogren took its place (20ish %) That leaves trace gases, and like 1/3rd of a percent of c02.

C02 doesnt combust
nitrogen doesnt combust
argon doesnt combust

Theres nothing within the atmosphere itself for o2 to act as a oxidizer too. So nope, no explosions. Now, anything on the ground you light on fire will burn insanely fast and insanely well, but thats not the same

Disagree, o2 is an oxidizer. You still need a combustant. Lets say o2 took the place of nitrogen in the atmosphere (78%). And that nitrogren took its place (20ish %) That leaves trace gases, and like 1/3rd of a percent of c02.

C02 doesnt combust
nitrogen doesnt combust
argon doesnt combust

Theres nothing within the atmosphere itself for o2 to act as a oxidizer too. So nope, no explosions. Now, anything on the ground you light on fire will burn insanely fast and insanely well, but thats not the same

So just dead from toxicity?

No, you can breathe pure oxygen.

we're not quite adapted for it though, you wont die, but for quite some time, perhaps permanently, youll be weird mentally. It doesnt do harm, but we dont operate the same on higher percentages either

we're not quite adapted for it though, you wont die, but for quite some time, perhaps permanently, youll be weird mentally. It doesnt do harm, but we dont operate the same on higher percentages either
We would have dinosaurs again. Low oxygen levels are one of the prime reasons that reptiles don't grow super-huge anymore.

You guys won't believe this, but....
You answered
13 of 13
questions correctly.

You scored better than 93% of the public and the same as 7%.

That's right, bitches. FUCK THE HATERS.